The FlashPro2000 is a programmer for the Texas Instruments C2000 DSP family, e.g. TMS320F24xx and TMS320F28xx.
Using the FlashPro2000 programmer, your target device can be programmed via JTAG Interface or via SCI-BOOT Interface. The programmer ships with programming software for Windows, a USB cable, a 14-pin JTAG cable and a 10-pin SCI-BOOT cable. JTAG speed can be set to to 3 Mb/s or 1 Mb/s, which is useful if you need to use a longer JTAG cable. In SCI-BOOT mode, a Fast Boot Loader is temporarily downloaded to RAM of each programmed device, permitting communication speeds up to 500 kb/s.
With the Standard version software, you can assign model type and revision data as well as automatically incremented serial numbers. In addition, the Standard software allows you not only to erase/write the whole Flash, but also just portion of memory that you choose.
Up to 16 FlashPro2000s (Standard version) can be controlled from a single PC, either through direct USB connections or through a powered USB hub. This allows you to program multiple targets in almost the same time as a single target. For example, a single TMS320F2808 128kB can be blank-checked, programmed and verified in 15 seconds; the same can be done to eight of them in 17 to 20 seconds.
TI C2000 Flash Programmer Features
TI's target device specific Flash API are used to erase and program the DSP Flash. All API procedures are built-in to FlashPro2000 software, and the required procedure is selected automatically when the desired DSP type is selected. This simplifies usage; you do not need to know what API should be selected. When the DSP is programmed, the used API version is displayed in the report window. When a new DSP type is released, a new version of the FlashPro2000 software with new Flash API will be released and available to download.
- Supports TMS320F24xx and TMS320F28xx Flash-based devices.
- DSP can be programmed via JTAG or SCI-BOOT interface (TTL level 0-3V).
- Up to 16 programmers can be connected to one PC. (Standard version only.)
- Write CSM Security Password capability.
- No code size limitations.
- Full memory or sector memory erase capability. (Standard version only.)
- Write Checksum verification.
- System Clock verification.
- Easy-to-use Windows-based software.
- Programmer accepts TI (*.txt), Motorola (*.s19), Intel (*.hex) and CCS (*.out) data files for programming.
- Lock setup capability with encryption feature -- useful in production.
- Software package can assign and automatically increment serial number, model type and revision. Serial Number with or without an automatically inserted current date can be stored in the Flash or OTP memory in HEX, BCD or ASCII format. (Standard version only.)
- Log file capability allows you to review information about the flashed target devices.
- DLL software package can control programmer from other programs. (Standard version only.)
- Programmer has been fully tested to comply with the FCC and CE requirements.
- Connects to PC USB 1.1 (12Mbits/s) port.
TI C2000 Flash Programmer Supported Devices
- Via JTAG or SCI-BOOT: TMS320F2801, TMS320F28015, TMS320F28016, TMS320F2802, TMS320F28022, TMS320F28023, TMS320F28024, TMS320F28025, TMS320F2806, TMS320F28027, TMS320F28032, TMS320F28033, TMS320F28034, TMS320F28035, TMS320F28044, TMS320F2806, TMS320F2808, TMS320F2809, TMS320F2810, TMS320F2811, TMS320F2812, TMS320F28015, TMS320F28232, TMS320F28234, TMS320F28235, TMS320F28332, TMS320F28334, TMS320F28335.
- Via SCI-BOOT only: TMS320F2401, TMS320F2401A, TMS320F2402, TMS320F2402A, TMS320F2403A, TMS320F2406, TMS320F2406A, TMS320F2407, TMS320F2407A.
Limited version available at a discount If you need just one programmer and do not need serialization, script-file command support, or the ability to limit erase/write to selected portions of memory, then you can save some money by choosing the Limited software version in the option box below. You can upgrade to the Standard version at a later time simply by paying the difference.
Download User Manual (PDF file, 3.4MB)
Download Multi-FPA API-DLL User Guide (PDF file, 700kB)
Optional Recommended Products for this Item