Starter Kit: Hand-Held Field and Production Programmer for 256K Atmel AVR microcontrollers, plus USB PC interface and software.
Load the programmer from a PC using this starter kit and the simple Wizard Software, then you do not need a PC again. The Hand-Held programmer is completely portable and you just plug it into your target boards and program/verify Flash and/or EEPROM and Fuses on your target AVR microcontroller with a single button press. It can supply power to your target device (0-5V Vcc, up to 150mA with over-current trip) or can draw power from the target circuit.
This programmer is ideal for non-technical operatives as no mistakes can be made -- just press the button and the correct code is loaded.
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Software Features
- Supports Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, both 32-bit and 64-bit
- Simple Wizard software
- Easy file selection for Flash and EEPROM
- Select to program Flash only or EEPROM only or program both
- Most file formats can be loaded
- Clear Fuse and lockbit setting screen, including new extended Fuse options
- Select target voltage, from 0-5V with 0.02V resolution
- Click Finish to load your programmer
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Starter Kit Contents
- Hand-Held Programmer with 256K code space
- PC Interface (USB)
- Programmer adapter for loading code and settings
- Ribbon cables with 10-way connector
- Software CD
- Supplied in case
Hand-Held AVR Programmer Features
This programmer should be used with Atmel-recommended ISP circuits. It also supports the JTAG programming algorithm. A JTAG adapter is available as an add-on option at the bottom of this page.
- Hand-held programmer uses 9V PP3 battery or power supply
- Single-button operation
- Load it once; program targets forever
- Reload new programs as often as you need
- Holds program code indefinitely
- Supports all Fuse and Lock bits
- Program/Verify Flash or EEPROM or both
- Supports programming from 2.7 - 5.5V, depending on target Vcc
- Can power target device (up to 150mA) or can draw power from target
- Dimensions: Metric - 106mm x 58mm x 25mm
- Dimensions: Imperial - 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- 256KB code space
- USB firmware
AVR Microcontroller Device Support (ISP mode) Supports all Low Voltage (L, V) and PicoPower (P) Devices as well.
(P, L, PA, V, and other AVR microcontroller versions are supported)
- AT90S1200, AT90S2313, AT90S2323, AT90S2333, AT90S2343, AT90S4433, AT90S4414, AT90S8535, AT90S8515, ATmega103
- ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169
- ATmega32, ATmega323, ATmega324, ATmega325, ATmega3250, ATmega328, ATmega329, ATmega3290
- ATmega48, ATmega88, ATmega8, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- ATmega64, ATmega644, ATmega640, ATmega645, ATmega6450, ATmega649, ATmega6490, ATmega640
- ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega1284P, ATmega2560, ATmega2561
- ATtiny15, ATtiny22, ATtiny26, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, ATtiny861
- ATtiny12, ATtiny13, ATtiny2313, ATtiny24, ATtiny25, ATtiny44, ATtiny45, ATtiny84, ATtiny85
- AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64, AT90CAN128, CANDIPM162, CANDIP8515, AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316
- AT90USB1286, AT90USB162, AT90USB646, AT90USB82
- ATtiny48, ATtiny88, ATtiny87, ATtiny167, ATtiny43U
AVR Microcontroller Device Support (JTAG mode) All AVR devices with JTAG interface are supported. Be sure to add the JTAG adapter to your order.
AVR Programming Connector & Power Supply Options To use your AVR handheld programmer to configure your product in the field or on the production line, you just need to add the standard 10-pin IDC box ISP header to your circuit (or a JTAG header if using the optional JTAG adapter).
Extra 256K Hand-Held Programmers are available individually. You only need one starter kit for as many programmers as you require. You also can use an 8-Way Hand-Held Programmer which can store information for eight targets. If that is ideal for you, consider the 8-Way AVR Hand-Held Programmer Starter Kit which includes one of those from the outset.
Power Supply If you do not want to use the internal 9V PP3 battery, the power supply required is 9V with a 5.0/2.1mm Barrel connector. See below for optional universal power supplies that can be used in most countries.
Country of Origin: UK
Lead time: In Stock
Optional Recommended Products for this Item