The Atmel AT91SAM3U4E Cortex-M3 core-based processor operates at 96 MHz clock frequency. The board features USB, I2C, MCI and USART interfaces, TFT-LCD, 96 I/O ports, EBI support SRAM, NOR and NAND Flash memory, etc. Plenty of software examples, which can be used in Keil MDK environment, are included on the CD-ROM.
- Internal 256KB Flash, 48KB SRAM
- 240x320 TFT LCD
- Source code of example programs
Atmel AT91SAM3U ARM-CM3 Board Features The connectors on the AT91SAM3U evaluation board provide easy access to many of the AT91SAM3U's on-chip peripherals.
- Serial Port A standard DB9 connector is on the AT91SAM3U board for the AT91SAM3U's built-in UART interfaces. This is a full duplex, serial port.
- CAN Port A standard DB9 connector for applications requiring CAN communications.
- USB Port A standard USB Type B connector for applications requiring USB communications.
- LCD Display A detachable, 240x320 TFT, color LCD display. You may use this graphic display device to show real-time debug and program status messages.
- On-board Battery A removable, lithium battery is included on the AT91SAM3U to maintain power to the real-time clock when the board disconnects from the main power supply.
- Analog Voltage Control for ADC Input An adjustable analog voltage source for testing the Analog to Digital converter built into the AT91SAM3U.
- External Memory The AT91SAM3U board includes 1 Mbyte of external static RAM and 8 Mbytes of external SPI Flash memory.
- MicroSD Card Connector A MicroSD Card connector for developing applications requiring access to MicroSD Cards.
- ETM Trace Debug An ETM connector for on-chip debugging via the Embedded Trace Macrocell capabilities of the STM32F103 device.
- JTAG Download and Debug A JTAG on-chip debug interface, coupled with the ULINK USB-JTAG adapter, provides flash programming and real-time in-circuit emulation of the STM32F103 device.
|Parameter ||Description |
|Supply Voltage ||5 Volts DC (provided by power adapter) |
|Supply Current ||210mA typical; 320mA maximum |
|XTAL Frequency ||12 MHz |
|Microcontroller ||AT91SAM3U4E LQFP 144 Pins |
|Peripherals ||2 × RS232 Interface, |
1 × USB Device Interface (High-speed),
1 × 2.4” Color graphic display (240x320),
1 × MicroSD Memory Card connector,
1 × JTAG Interface,
5 × Push Buttons (Reset, Wake Up, Tampering, User),
2 × BNC Interface,
1 × RTC Unit with Battery,
1 × Analog Input (connected to potentiometer),
1 × Analog Output (connected to speaker by default)
|Board Size ||135mm × 90mm (5.3" × 3.5") |
|Weight ||320g |
To compile, link and run applications on the AT91SAM3U Evaluation Board, you must install these products:
- The Keil RealView MDK-ARM which includes the µVision Debugger and provides several example programs for the AT91SAM3U Board.
- The ATMEL SAM3U Series Software Library which provides a software foundation for the ATMEL SAM3U Series peripherals, it can be copied from CDROM we have tested.
- The example programs and project files for the board are included on CDROM.
The CD-ROM includes several example programs that are configured for the Embest AT91SAM3U Board.
All examples are configured for two µVision targets:
- Simulator - where the program runs in the software simulator.
- FLASH - where the program runs from internal Flash located on the microcontroller.
All examples use the same file structure:
- Abstract.txt contains a short description of the example.
- ATMEL SAM3U Series.s contains the startup code for the microcontroller.
- STM32_Init.[c,h] contain the initialization of the microcontroller's peripherals.
- Example dependent source code.
Atmel AT91SAM3U ARM-CM3 Board Package Contents
|Name/Type ||Description |
|AT91SAM3U ARM-CM3 Board ||Main board, manufactured by Embest. |
|RS-232 Serial Cable / DB9 F-M ||Connects the COM port to Host PC. 9-pin male to 9-pin female, no longer than 10ft/3m, wired one-to-one. |
|USB Cable / A-B ||To supply power to the board or for downloading and programming. |
|Product CD / CD-R ||User manual, Datasheet of chips (part), sample software |
Download AT91SAM3U Board Manual Download AT91SAM3U Board Schematic Download AT91SAM3U Board Detailed Dimensions
This board also can be purchased as a bundle with a JTAG programmer/debugger.
Ships from: China
Lead time: 8 weeks