XBee-PRO 900 RF modules are extended-range embedded solutions providing wireless end-point connectivity to devices. These modules use a proprietary 900MHz point-to-multipoint protocol that balances overall RF performance with a fast 156 Kbps data rate to the end node. Supporting RF line-of-sight ranges of up to 6 miles (with high-gain antenna), these modules are ideal for extended-range wireless applications requiring low latency and increased data throughput.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch between 802.11, 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
Note: This module is certified for use in North America and Australia only. It may not be used in Europe or Japan. Other areas, check local regulations.
915MHz RF Module Features
- Power output: 50mW (+17 dBm)
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 450 ft (140 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, dipole antenna: Up to 1.8 miles (3 km)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range, high-gain antenna: Up to 6 miles (10 km)
- RF data rate: 156 Kbps
- Interface data rate: Up to 230 Kbps (software selectable)
- Operating frequency: ISM 900 MHz
- Receiver sensitivity: -100 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgments
- Channel capacity: 8 hopping patterns on 12 channels
- Addressing: PAN ID, Channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Supply voltage: 3.0V - 3.6V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 210 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Receive current: 80 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Power-down sleep current: 60 µA at 3.3V
- Frequency band: 902 - 928 MHz
- Interface options: 3V CMOS UART
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.297 in (2.438 cm × 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C (industrial)
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), C-TICK (Australia)
Antenna options Two other versions of this module are available: In addition, a high-power version is available (for U.S. and Canada only).
915MHz RF Module Resources