XBee-PRO 802.15.4 OEM RF modules are embedded solutions providing wireless end-point connectivity to devices. These modules use the IEEE 802.15.4 networking protocol for fast point-to-multipoint or peer-to-peer networking. They are designed for high-throughput applications requiring low latency and predictable communication timing.
Part of the XBee family of wireless products, these modules are easy to use, share a common footprint, and are fully interoperable with other XBee products utilizing the same technology. This allows different XBee technologies to be drop-in replacements for each other; you can switch from 802.11 to 802.15.4, ZigBee, DigiMesh and proprietary long-range with minimal development time or risk.
Note: This module is certified for use in North America and Australia only. It is permissible to use in most of Europe if you set the PL command to 0, reducing the power output to 10 mW / 10 dBm. This module cannot be used in Japan under any circumstances; the Japanese market has a specific 10mW-max variant. See the User Manual for specific restrictions and end-product label requirements. Other areas, check local regulations.
2.4GHz 802.15.4 RF Module Features
Above specifications for full-power settings only. For Europe @ 10 mW, see user manual.
- Power output: 63mW (+18 dBm)
- Indoor/Urban range: Up to 300 ft (90 m)
- Outdoor/RF line-of-sight range: Up to 1 mile (1.6 km) RF LOS
- RF data rate: 250 Kbps
- Interface data rate: Up to 115.2 Kbps
- Operating frequency: ISM 2.4 GHz
- Receiver sensitivity: -100 dBm
- Spread Spectrum type: DSSS (Direct Sequence Spread Spectrum)
- Networking topology: Point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, & peer-to-peer
- Error handling: Retries & acknowledgments
- Filtration options: PAN ID, Channel, and 64-bit addresses
- Channel capacity: 12 channels
- Addressing: 65,000 network addresses available for each channel
- Supply voltage: 2.8V - 3.4V DC (Footprint Recommendation: 3.0V - 3.4V DC)
- Transmit current: 215 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Receive current: 55 mA (@ 3.3V)
- Power-down sleep current: <10 µA at 25°C
- Frequency band: 2.4000 - 2.4835 GHz
- Interface options: 3V CMOS UART
- Size: 0.960 in × 1.297 in (2.438 cm × 3.294 cm)
- Weight: 0.10 oz (3g)
- Operating temperature: -40°C to 85°C (industrial)
- Certifications: FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe), C-TICK (Australia)
Antenna options Three other versions of this module are available:
2.4GHz 802.15.4 RF Module Resources