Use this unique device to download data and control GPIB bus enabled oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, function generators, power supplies, and any other GPIB instrument seamlessly through USB.
In Controller mode, it can remotely control GPIB-enabled instruments such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and spectrum analyzers.
In Device mode, it converts your computer into a GPIB peripheral for downloading data and screen plots from the instrument front panel.
In both modes, this GPIB-USB controller interprets high-level commands received from the host computer and performs the appropriate low-level GPIB protocol handshaking.
GPIB-USB Controller Features
- Drivers for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista/7, Mac OS-8/9/X, Linux
- Support for multiple devices
- Driver provides virtual serial port to send and receive data
- Powered by USB; no power supply needed
- Uses FTDI FT245R
- No GPIB cable needed; controller plugs on to instrument
- All software configuration. No DIP switches
- USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible
- Standard USB (B) and IEEE 488 (Male) connectors
- Talk and Listen indicators
- Dimensions: 2.5 × 2.5 × 1.0 inches
This controller does not support Parallel Poll and Pass Control GPIB commands.
GPIB-USB Controller Resources
- GPIB to USB Converter User Manual
- GPIB to USB Converter FAQ
- USB Drivers for Win 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, Apple OS-8, OS-9, OS-X, Linux and Free BSD
- GPIB Toolkit utilities for Windows
- Resources Page with links to many other utilities, samples, latest firmware
Optional Recommended Products for this Item