High-speed ARM USB JTAG with target power consumption monitoring and external hardware breakpoint triggers
ARM-JTAG-EW is a product of joint efforts by Olimex and IAR Systems. The goal was not to release just yet another fast USB JTAG compatible with Embedded Workbench, but to make a low-cost JTAG with features available only in the expensive logic analyzers. For this purpose, ARM-JTAG-EW offers not only software breakpoints, but also hardware breakpoints -- you can stop the code by external triggers which may be the target power consumption, rising/falling edge external signals, or analogue signal window value. ARM-JTAG-EW emulates on low level the IAR Systems' J-LINK API so it works like normal J-LINK debugger, but adds some unique features which are available only in the very high-end and expensive debugger tools on the market.
Note: This device does not (and will not) support EW-ARM versions later than 6.20.
IAR-Compatible ARM JTAG Features
- Debug all ARM microcontrollers supported by EW-ARM (up to V6.20 only)
- Fast speed USB 2.0 JTAG dongle interface, can be used with all ARM devices for programming and debugging.
- Can power on/off target with +5VDC on ARM connector PIN#19
- Monitors the power consumption, you can watch in C-SPY
- You can set breakpoints at power consumption value
- You can set external trigger breakpoints, e.g. you can stop your code on rising / falling edge of external hardware signal
- You can set external trigger breakpoint on external analog value signal, e.g. stop code when the external signal is between 0.85 and 1.25V
- Uses ARM's standard 2x10 pin JTAG connector
- Supports ARM targets working in voltage range 2.0–5.0V DC
- Software supported by EW-ARM (but not later than V6.20)
- Dimensions: 50x40 mm (2x1.6") + 20 cm (8") JTAG cable
ARM JTAG connector
Download ARM-JTAG-EW User Manual
Optional Recommended Products for this Item