By Peter J. Ashenden and Jim Lewis
VHDL-2008: Just the New Stuff, as its title says, introduces the new features added to the latest revision of the IEEE standard for the VHDL hardware description language. Written by the Chair and Technical Editor of the IEEE working group, the book is an authoritative guide to how the new features work and how to use them to improve design productivity. It will be invaluable for early adopters of the new language version, for tool implementers, and for those just curious about where VHDL is headed.
- 256 pages
- Trim size 7 1/2 X 9 1/4 in
- Copyright 2008
VHDL-2008 Key Features
- First in the market describing the new features of VHDL 2008;
- Just the new features, so existing users and implementers can focus on what's new;
- Helps readers to learn the new features soon, rather than waiting for new editions of complete VHDL reference books.
- Authoritative, written by experts in the area;
- Tutorial style, making it more accessible than the VHDL Standard Language Reference Manual.
Hardware Verification Engineers using VHDL
Major New Features
Type System Changes
New and Changed Operations
New and Changed Statements
Minor Semantic Changes
Lexical and Syntax Changes
VHDL-2008 Author Information
By Peter J. Ashenden, Adjunct Associate Professor, School of Computer Science, University of Adelaide; and Jim Lewis, Chairman, IEEE Working Group on VHDL, SynthWorks Design, Inc., Tigard, OR, U.S.A.