Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C Description
- Just months after the introduction of the new generation of 32-bit PIC microcontrollers, a Microchip insider and acclaimed author takes you by hand at the exploration of the PIC32
- Free CD-ROM includes source code in C and the Microchip MPLAB C32 compiler
- Includes handy checklists to help readers perform the most common programming and debugging tasks
- 552 pages 153 ills
- Trim size 7 1/2 X 9 1/4 in
- Copyright 2008
The new 32-bit microcontrollers bring the promise of more speed and more performance while offering an unprecedented level of compatibility with existing 8 and 16-bit PIC microcontrollers. In sixteen engaging chapters, using a parallel track to his previous title dedicated to 16-bit programming, the author puts all these claims to test while offering a gradual introduction to the development and debugging of embedded control applications in C. Author Lucio Di Jasio, a PIC and embedded control expert, offers unique insight into the new 32-bit architecture while developing a number of projects of growing complexity. Experienced PIC users and newcomers to the field alike will benefit from the textís many thorough examples which demonstrate how to nimbly side-step common obstacles, solve real-world design problems efficiently and optimize code using the new PIC32 features and peripheral set. You will learn about:
- Basic timing and I/O operation
- Debugging methods with the MPLAB SIM simulator and ICD tools
- Multitasking using the PIC32 interrupts
- All the new hardware peripherals
- How to control LCD displays
- Experimenting with the Explorer16 board and the PIC32 Starter Kit
- Accessing mass-storage media
- Generating audio and video signals and more!
Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C Key Features
- 32-bit microcontrollers are becoming the technology of choice for high performance embedded control applications including portable media players, cell phones, and GPS receivers.
- Learn to use the C programming language for advanced embedded control designs and/or learn to migrate your applications from previous 8 and 16-bit architectures.
- All code examples and software tools required to get acquainted with Microchipís MPLAB development environment, and to complete all the projects described in the book, are offered in the attached CDROM including the MPLAB C32 C Compiler (free Student Edition) and the full source code for more than 15 entertaining projects.
Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C Table of Contents
- Day 1 And the adventure begins
- Day 2 Walking in circles
- Day 3 Message in a Bottle
- Day 4 NUMB3RS
- Day 5 Interrupts
- Day 6 Memory Part 2 Experimenting
- Day 7 Running
- Day 8 Communication
- Day 9 Links
- Day 10 Glass = Bliss
- Day 11 Itís an analog world Part 3 Expansion
- Day 12 Capturing User Inputs
- Day 13 UTube
- Day 14 Mass Storage
- Day 15 File I/O
- Day 16 Musica Maestro!
Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C Readership
Embedded Programmers and Designers
Programming 32-bit Microcontrollers in C Author Information
By Lucio Di Jasio, Application Segments Manager, Microchip, Chandler, AZ, USA