DIO-1 is an I/O expander board with 8 open/collector outputs (each capable of 400mA) and 12 TTL/CMOS inputs/outputs. DIO-1 has a PIC16C62 microcontroller that acts as an I2C 2-wire slave device. It also can be used as a standalone PIC microcontroller board.
The I2C bus pins and the power supply connections are available on a 20-pin (2×10) expansion connector for interfacing to existing microcontroller systems. This board can be connected either as a piggyback daughterboard on a microcontroller board (one with a matching connector) using standoffs or can be placed away from the microcontroller board using a 20-wire ribbon cable.
The expansion connector is plug-in compatible with MicroTRAK, MINI-MAX and BSCB systems. You can use it in your own system too, of course; see the manual for the expansion connector's pinout.
I/O Expander Board Features
- Can be used as a daughterboard or as a standalone microcontroller board
- PIC16C62 controller
- 8 open/collector outputs (400mA) and 12 TTL/CMOS inputs/outputs
- I2C slave interface
- Terminal blocks for easy interfacing
- Protection diodes for inductive loads
- Ideal for stepper motor or relay control