OPTO-1 is an 8-channel normal speed and 1-channel high speed opto-isolated input board.
The 16 control pins and 5V power supply connections are available on a 20-pin (2×10) expansion connector for interfacing to existing microcontroller systems. This board can be connected either as a piggyback daughterboard on a microcontroller board (one with a matching connector) using standoffs or can be placed away from the microcontroller board using a 20-wire ribbon cable.
The expansion connector is plug-in compatible with MicroTRAK, MINI-MAX and BSCB systems. You can use it in your own system too, of course; see the manual for the expansion connector's pinout.
A single-row 10-pin secondary expansion connector can be used as an 8-pin port for eight optocoupled input signals with a host microcontroller board. On MINI-MAX boards this typically is the keypad connector.
Opto-Isolated Input Peripheral Board Features
- 8 channels of PC847X optoisolators with 10 KHz Frequency Response
- PC847X are socketed; you can replace them with PC844X AC input optoisolators
- 1 channel with high speed, 10 MBit/s logic gate 6N137 optocoupler
- 16-pin terminal block for 8 low-speed inputs
- Maximum forward voltage 20V
- Maximum reverse voltage 6V
- 2-pin terminal for high-speed input (logic-level voltages)
- Configuration of low-speed inputs via 17 jumpers
- Configuration of high-speed input via 3 jumpers
- 20-pin Expansion connector and 10-pin connector for a host microcontroller board
- Single operating voltage: 5V DC
- Dimensions: 2.35 × 2.40 inches (5.97 × 6.10 cm)
- Mounting holes of 0.138 inches (3.5 mm) on the four corners
- 0° to 70° C operating, -40° to +85° C storage temperature range
If you want to chain multiple add-on boards together, you can purchase cable and connectors separately to construct daisy-chain cables to suit your setup.