The purpose of the BASIC Stamp Training Lab is to familiarize the student with developing practical applications using a Parallax BASIC Stamp 2p microcontroller. This kit includes training manuals and example projects.
You also can switch to other microcontroller architectures inexpensively through the modular MicroTRAK system.
MicroTRAK Overview Whether developing a new project with or learning about microcontrollers, you will find MicroTRAK a highly versatile training system with support for microcontroller systems such as 8051, AVR, ARM, MSP430, PIC, Basic Stamp, and others.
MicroTRAK supports an array of peripheral boards and includes practical examples for C, BASIC and Assembly Language Programming, Keypad and LCD interfacing, I2C bus, Serial port programming, Motor control, Analog-to-Digital Conversion and many other fun and instructive projects.
MicroTRAK serves not only as a training kit but also as a rapid project development tool. Select a microcontroller board for the microcontroller family that you are familiar with, download software development tools, plug the peripheral boards and/or display/keypad for your project to the MicroTRAK carrier board, and you are near a tangible proof-of-concept for your project.
Retain your initial investment in your training kit when moving to a different microcontroller family. Simply change the microcontroller board and the optional I/O Module. All cables, carrier board, power supply, peripheral boards, keypad, LCD, etc. remain the same.
BASIC Stamp Training Lab Contents
- MicroTRAK Carrier Board
- BSIO Module
- BSCB-2 microcontroller carrier board
- BS2P24 BASIC Stamp MCU module
- TB-1 Training Board
- PROTO-1 Prototyping Board
- 2-line by 24-character LCD with blacklight
- 4×4 Matrix Keypad
- Serial cable
- 6V DC power adapter
- BASIC Stamp Windows Editor
- Over 20 Example projects
Available Peripheral Boards Expand your system with the following compatible peripherals:
- MMC-RTC-1 — MultiMediaCard and Real-Time Clock
- RAM-1 — 512K Static RAM and 512K Flash Memory
- TH-1-1820 — Digital Temperature Sensor
- TH-1-SHT — Temperature/Humidity Sensor
- DAQ-2543-DA-1 — 11 ch. 12-bit ADC, 1 ch. 10-bit DAC
- DAQ-128 — 8 ch. 12-bit ADC, 1 ch. 10-bit DAC, Stackable, 0-4V
- DAQ-127 — 8 ch. 12-bit ADC, 1 ch. 10-bit DAC, Stackable, 0-10V
- THERMOCOUPLE-4A — 4-channel thermocouple; must use with DAQ-2453 or DAQ-128 above
- OPTO-1 — 8-ch. normal, 1 ch. high-speed opto-isolated input
- DAC-8 — 10-bit DAC w/ I2C, 8 analog outputs
- OLED-1 — 128×64 four-bit grayscale OLED display, SPI
- LED-1 — four 7-segment LED displays), I2C
- CB-1 — wireless interfaces incl. IrDA, ZigBee, Bluetooth
- UART-2RS232 — two RS232 channels, RS485 option
- X10-1 — X10 interface
- TW523 — two-way X10 power line interface
- BRD-RS232-TTL-1 — RS232-to-TTL converter
- DIO-1 — I/O expander, 8 open/collector outputs and 12 TTL/CMOS I/O
- RELAY-4REED — four reed relays
- RELAY-4 — four power relays
- RELAY-2 — two power relays
- MOTOR-1 — stepper motor driver for four-phase unipolar
- MOTOR-1B — unipolar/bipolar motor driver, 750mA/phase, stackable
- MOTOR-2 — 2x unipolar/bipolar motor driver, 2.5A/phase
- TERMINAL-1 — breaks out I/Os to screw terminals
- Standoff Kit-1 — plastic screws and spacers
Migrating to Other Microcontrollers Rather than purchasing a whole new kit, the MicroTRAK platform allows you to learn and develop on other microcontrollers just by replacing the MINI-MAX module and, if necessary, the I/O module. You can migrate to the following, using the modules listed: