Production quality Full down compatibility with ICP-01 Ultra-fast programming Cost-effective Windows® DLL/Command Line functions Adaptable to bed-of-nails systems On-board flash memory 1Mbyte per channel
The ICP2 Production Quality In-Circuit Programmer is a cost-effective programmer for mid-volume production, service and development. The ICP2 features overcurrent protection circuits, which prevent both programmed devices and the programmer from being damaged. Windows® DLL/Command Line functions are suitable for high-volume automatic programming. Once all necessary parameters are set up, you can quickly and securely duplicate devices in production one-touch programming mode. Built-in bootloader allows convenient field firmware upgrade via software. Complete package comes with ICP2 programmer unit, power adapter, USB cable and Sub-D mating connector.
Compatible Operating Systems: Windows® 95/98/2000/ME/XP/NT/Vista/7
PIC In-Circuit Programmer Features
- Especially designed for in-circuit programming (ICSP) of Microchip® 8-bit PIC® MCUs,16-bit PIC® MCUs & dsPIC® DSCs (optional), Keeloq® encoders (optional) and serial EEPROMs (24Cxx Series) — View Supported Device List
- Ultra fast operation, up to 64 channels simultaneously — see ICP Family Programming Times
- Full down compatibility with ICP-01
- Communication interface: USB, RS-232 and Bluetooth (optional)
- On-board flash memory 1MByte for non-volatile storage of HEX, configuration and serialization files
- Remote programming via 3 lines: Enter/Pass/Fail
- Programmable Vdd (2.0 to 5.5V) and Vpp (2.0 to 13.5V)
- Programmable delay between Vdd and Vpp (0.1 to 250ms)
- Programmable clock/data speed (500KHz to 2.5MHz)
- Programmable Vdd source (ICP2 or target)
- Vdd current limit: 250mA (40mA if powered from USB only)
- Tests Vdd and Vpp for overload with indication by software
- No damage to connected microcontroller in case of power ON and power OFF
- Optional socket modules (DIP, SOIC, SSOP, etc.)
- Optional clips for in-circuit programming
- 4 serialization schemes: sequential, random, pseudo-random and user file, 1 to 8 bytes, automatic "retlw"
- Secure programming feature including hex file encryption, counter and secure buffer (optional)
- Built-in low-voltage programming (LVP)
- Adaptable to bed-of-nails systems
- Windows® DLL/Command Line functions for automatic programming (optional)
- Field firmware upgrade (built-in bootloader)
Dimensions: LxWxH: 175 x 85 x 35mm
Weight: 1.2 kg
ATE Compatible Final test machine (FTM) functions in DLL allow the ICP2 software to integrate easily with test equipment, working in either standalone mode or driven by a host system. Adaptable to bed-of-nails and other types of ATEs, ICP2 helps you preserve your investment in test equipment.
Secure Programming Option Utilizing patent-pending technology, this optional software feature provides several layers of protection that dramatically reduce the risk of unauthorized reconstruction of hex files. These include strong hex file encryption, a counter that ensures the number of programmed devices does not exceed a pre-defined value, and a secure buffer of "invisible" hex data stored in ICP2 protected memory.
Software Add-On Options
The unit you order form this page comes with programming support for 8-bit PIC MCUs, some 16-bit devices, rfPIC, and 24Cxx EEPROMs. Optional software add-ons are available, which you can select below.
Note: Using the checkboxes below gives you a discount over purchasing the add-ons at a later date. If you want to get the DLL and one or two of the device support add-ons, use the Bundle selector above the checkboxes instead, for an even more reduced price. If you select one of the bundle options, you should not select the same options with the checkboxes. For example, if you want the DLL and all three device support add-ons, you can get the lowest price by choosing the DLL+dsPIC+Keeloq bundle and selecting the PIC32 checkbox.
- The DLL Option adds Command-line support and Windows DLL support for automatic programming from your own application code.
- The dsPIC Option adds programming support for Microchip dsPIC and PIC24 devices
- the PIC32 Option adds programming support for Microchip PIC32 devices
- The Keeloq Option adds programming support for Microchip HCS300/301/320 and HCS360/361/362 Keeloq devices
- The Secure Option adds software and firmware for hex file encryption, counter and secure buffer support
Lead time: 1 week
Optional Recommended Products for this Item