The EM-506 GPS module from USGlobalSat is uses the spectacular SiRF Star IV chipset and is a great replacement for the older EM-406a. This complete module is built upon the same technology as the ET-301, but includes on-board voltage regulation, LED status indicator, battery-backed RAM, and a built-in patch antenna. A 6-pin interface cable is included.
The SiRF Star IV chipset provides superior sensitivity and performance even in urban-canyon and dense-foliage environments. With SiRF CGEE (Client-Generated Extended Ephemeris) technology, it predicts satellite positions for up to three days and delivers CGEE start time of less than 15 seconds under most conditions without any network assistance. The MicroPower Mode allows the GPS chipset to stay in a "hot-start" condition almost continuously while consuming little to no power at all.
GPS Module Features
- 48-Channel Receiver with built-in LNA
- Extremely high sensitivity: -163dBm
- 2.5m Positional Accuracy
- Operates at up to 59,000 feet altitude (18,000 meters)
- Operates at up to 515 meters per second velocity
- Operates at up to 4Gs acceleration
- Operates at temperatures from -40 to +85 °C
- Hot Start: 1s
- Warm Start: 35s, or 15s with CGEE
- Cold Start time same as Warm Start time
- Power consumption: 45-55mA at 4.5-6.5V
- Data output voltage: 1.35V
- Supports UART interface
- Supports NMEA 0183 V3.0 (GGA, GLL, GSA, GSV, RMC, VTG, ZDA)
- Supports OSP protocol
- Supports SBAS (WAAS, EGNOS, MSAS, GAGAN)
- Dimensions: 30mm x 30mm x 10.7mm
- Weight: 16g including cable
GPS Module Documentation
Note that the cable colors vary, so the colored wire may not correspond to pin 1 (for example, in the picture above, the gray wire is in fact on pin 6). With the PCB on the bottom and looking directly at the connector, pin 1 is on the right. Refer to the User Manual for a diagram. If you need a longer cable, you'll find one in the options below.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item