The DLP-VLOG kit is designed to log temperature, humidity and voltage data to a USB Flash drive. Using the Vinculum USB Host microcontroller from FTDI, this system demonstrates how you can provide virtually unlimited data storage for a small microcontroller.
The sensor used in this design is the Senserion SHT11. While this sensor will acquire temperature data in the range of –40 to 123.8°C (–40 to 255°F), it is recommended that you restrict exposure of the module to the commercial temperature range of 0-70°C. The humidity range for the sensor is 0-100% (non-condensing). The module offers two Voltage inputs with an input range of 0-30V DC.
Based on the Vinculum USB Host Controller IC and a Microchip PIC16F88 microcontroller, the DLP-VLOG can function as a digital design trainer, a microprocessor development system, or as a rapid path to learning how to implement a USB Host Controller for interfacing a USB Flash drive to a small microcontroller.
Programming headers on the board allow for firmware updates to both the microcontroller and the Vinculum USB host controller so that the board can be updated with additional features developed by you, as well as firmware updates for the Vinculum.
A highly optimized C compiler from Custom Computer Services that supports the PIC microcontroller firmware is provided with the kit. Changes made to the firmware can be debugged and reprogrammed into the microcontroller using the CCS ICD Programmer/Debugger module, which is also included with the kit.
USB Flash Drive Data Logger Features
- Virtually unlimited data storage utilizing FTDI’s Vinculum USB Host microcontroller
- Data logged to USB Flash drive
- Low-power modes for long battery life
- System power via two AA batteries
- Lead-free; RoHS compliant
Data Logger Development Kit Contents
- DLP-VLOG module
- C source code for the microcontroller firmware
- Windows support software for real-time clock setup
- Windows data conversion software
- CCS C compiler and ICD In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer
- 32MB USB Flash drive containing all documentation, software and source code
DLP-VLOG Product Flyer
VDAP Firmware and Documentation (scroll down to the VNC1L section)
The VPROG application can be downloaded from the Vinculum Projects Page