This board consists of a 16x2 LCD and an embedded circuit based around a PIC16F88. The on-board PIC takes a TTL serial input and prints the characters it receives onto the LCD. The installed firmware also allows for a number of special commands so you can clear the screen, adjust the backlight brightness, turn the display on/off, and more.
Communication with the SerLCD requires 5V TTL serial at a default baud rate of 9600bps (8N1). You can adjust the baud to any standard rate between 2400 and 38400bps. The power (VDD), ground (GND) and RX pins are all broken out to both a 0.1" pitch header as well as a 3-pin JST connector.
SerLCD has the ability to dim the backlight to conserve power if needed. There is also a potentiometer on the back of the display to adjust the contrast.
Serial 16x2 Alphanumeric Display Features
- Embedded PIC16F88 utilizes on-chip UART and clock for greater communication accuracy
- Adjustable baud rates of 2400, 4800, 9600 (default), 14400, 19200 and 38400
- Operational Backspace
- Greater processing speed at 10MHz
- Incoming buffer stores up to 80 characters
- Backlight transistor can handle up to 1A
- Pulse width modulation of backlight allows direct control of backlight brightness and current consumption
- Thin all-surface-mount design
- Fast boot-up time
- Boot-up display can be turned on/off via firmware
- User-definable splash screen
- PCB Dimensions: 103 × 36 mm
- LCD Dimensions: 71.4 × 26.4 mm
Serial 16x2 Alphanumeric Display Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item