The DLP-245PL-G PIC18LF8722 Board features a FT245RL USB to Parallel port interface chip that handles USB communication. The PIC18LF8722 microcontroller is pre-programmed with basic functionality for accessing the port pins and can be reprogrammed with your own firmware via a 5-pin ICSP header (not mounted) using an optional PIC ICSP programmer or ICD2 compatible In-Circuit Debugger.
- Send/receive data over USB to a host computer at up to 2M bits per second
- 50 digital I/O lines (16 can be configured as A/D inputs) plus the 8-bit data bus available via header pin solder holes for interfacing to user electronics
- Microchip 18LF8720 processor with 128K FLASH program ROM, 3840 bytes RAM, 1024 bytes of data EEPROM and a multi-channel 10-bit A/D converter
- "Token I/O" code pre-programmed into the 18LF8720's ROM for basic port pin input/output capability including access to the A/D, EEPROM and external digital temperature sensors
- The 18LF8720's Flash memory can be erased and reprogrammed with a device programmer (sold separately)
- No in-depth knowledge of USB is required as the USB protocol is handled automatically by the on-board FT245RL and its support circuitry
- Required 5V supply can be taken directly from the USB port or supplied by external power supply via header pins.
Download PIC18LF8722 Board with FTDI FT245RL USB to Parallel Interface Datasheet
Optional Recommended Products for this Item