RS232 to TTL level converter iMod module with RJ-45 Connector, 3.0V-5.5V, Lead Free
The RS232 to TTL transceiver iMod module converts TTL logic levels to RS232 interface levels, and vice versa. It has an operating voltage range from 3.0V to 5.5V, low power consumption, and is ESD protected up to 15kV. It has press-fit connectors for easy integration onto a target board, with no soldering required.
It can be mounted on a custom board, a prototype board, the SBC83I PIC18F87J11 board, or one of the various PT66E Prototyping Add-ons for PIC24 boards in the SBC66 series.
The following cable and adapter are available for connecting this iMod module to a standard a D-Sub 9-pin RS232 device:
- DB9 Female to RJ45 Modular Adapter for converting RJ-45 plug (network cable) to a D-Sub 9-pin female connector (RS232 serial cable).
- Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft. for use with the above RJ45 to DB9 Adapter. One end of the Ethernet cable plugs into the iMod module's RJ45 jack, the other end plugs into the RJ45 to DB9 Adapter. The female DB9 connector of the adapter in turn connects to the male DB9 connector of a DTE device (PC).
The RS232 to TTL level converter iMod can be shipped with several different pin header options (see below). The option pictured features two rows of press-fit connectors on the bottom of the board. They can be pressed into 1.00mm holes on a 1.6mm thick (standard PCB thickness) target board. No special tool is required; they can be inserted by applying firm pressure to the connectors. Once fitted to the target board, the board is very secure, and can not be removed by hand. A screwdriver or similar tool can be used to remove the board if required. If the im232M is to be soldered onto the target board, 1.10mm holes can be used. This will allow it to be inserted much easier than with 1.00mm holes. When using 1.10mm holes, the board can be removed by hand if unsoldered.
RS232 Interface Module Features
- Meets true EIA/TIA-232-F standards from a +3.0V to +5.5V power supply
- Interoperable with EIA/TIA-232 and adheres to EIA/TIA-562 down to a +2.7V Power Source
- Minimum 120kbps Data Rate under Load
- Regulated charge pump yields stable RS232 outputs regardless of VCC variations
- Enhanced ESD specifications
• ±15kV human body mode
• ±15kV IEC1000-4-2 air discharge
• ±8kV IEC1000-4-2 contact discharge
- Wide operating range: 3.0V to 5.5V, and -40°C to +85°C
- Press-fit connectors are gold plated for best possible contact
- High quality assembly, with brand-name, quality components. No cheap, “no name brand” components are used!
- Module dimension: 21.3mm × 19mm (0.84" × 0.75")
- RoHS compliant
iMod Pin Configuration This is an iMod module with 0.7" pin column width, meaning it uses a standard pinout and configuration that allows it to be connected easily to any host board that has an iMod port. This includes the Modtronix SBC83I, SBC66UAL, and the various PT66E Prototyping Add-ons for other boards in the SBC66 series.
The pin pitch is 0.1" so you can use the module also on any typical prototyping board or breadboard.
For information about the iMod pinout, download this iMod Overview. Find other iMod modules in our iMod Category.
Pin Header Options Use the Headers option at the bottom of this page to select what type of pin headers you want included with the module and whether you want them included loose or pre-soldered. The default option is for common rectangular pins included loose (the photos on this page show press-fit pins soldered). All pin header types use 3mm long pins. The included strips will be for five pins on one side and two on the other, as seen in the photos.
Below the header option selector, you will see checkboxes for adding extra or alternative header strips (e.g. in case you want to populate all five pin pads on each side). If you want to install the socket strips on your prototype so that you can plug in this module with Round Swiss pins, break apart two 6-pin sockets into 5+2. (Change and Update the quantity of sockets to 2 during checkout.)
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Rectangular Pin Header, Male, 1x40 Single Row, 2.54mm Spacing||+|| US$0.75|
|5-pin Press-Fit Header Strip, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.60|
|5-pin Swiss Header, Compact, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.50|
|6-pin Swiss Socket, Compact, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.66|