The im1WP is an electronic module with an I2C accessible 1-Wire interface. It enables devices on a 1-Wire bus to be read and written to via an I2C serial bus. It has special circuitry to enable long-distance communication on the 1-Wire bus. It uses the Dallas DS2482-100 I2C to 1-Wire Bridge chip.
This module makes the five pins (0V, 0V, 1W, V+, Vx) available via a 5-pin, 3.5mm Pluggable Screw Terminal Block connector. The connections are marked on the PCB.
1-Wire Interface Add-on Board Features
- Slew Controlled 1-Wire Edges
- Selectable 1-Wire Slave Presence-Pulse Falling
- Supports Low-Impedance 1-Wire Strong Pull-up for EEPROMs, Temperature Sensors, or Other 1-Wire Slaves that have Edge Masking to Control Fast Edges on the 1-Wire Line
- Standard and Overdrive 1-Wire Communication Speeds
- Provides Reset/Presence, 8-Bit, Single-Bit, and Three-Bit 1-Wire IO Sequences
- 1-Wire Master IO with Selectable Active or Passive 1-Wire Pull-up
- I²C Host Interface, Supports 100kHz and 400kHz I²C Communication Speeds
- High-quality assembly using brand-name components
- Can be used in an iMod port (see below)
- Different pin header options available (see below)
- Module dimensions: 21.3 × 19.6 mm (0.84 × 0.77 inches)
- Operating Temperature: -20 to +70 °C
iMod Pin Configuration This is an iMod module with 0.7" pin column width, meaning it uses a standard pinout and configuration that allows it to be connected easily to any host board that has an iMod port. This includes the Modtronix SBC83I, SBC66UAL, and the various PT66E Prototyping Add-ons for other boards in the SBC66 series.
The pin pitch is 0.1" so you can use the module also on any typical prototyping board or breadboard.
For information about the iMod pinout, download this iMod Overview. Find other iMod modules in our iMod Category.
Pin Header Options Use the Headers option at the bottom of this page to select what type of pin headers you want included with the module and whether you want them included loose or pre-soldered. The default option is for common rectangular pins included loose (the photo above shows them soldered). All pin header types use 3mm long pins. This module uses only six total pins — four on one side, two on the other.
Below the header option selector, you will see checkboxes for adding extra or alternative 6-pin header strips which you can break down to 4+2. In addition, you can add a socket strip that will mate with the Round Swiss pin header type. You can install the socket on your host board so that you can plug in this module and remove it easily. The 6-pin socket also can be broken down to 4+2, so you only need one strip.
Download im1WP User Manual and Schematic Download im1WP-TBP Dimensions Diagram Maxim DS2482-100 Page with datasheet and other documentation
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Rectangular Pin Header, Male, 1x40 Single Row, 2.54mm Spacing||+|| US$0.75|
|6-pin Press-Fit Header Strip, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.72|
|6-pin Swiss Header, Compact, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.60|
|6-pin Swiss Socket, Compact, Breakaway Pins, 2.54mm Pitch||+|| US$0.66|