The 1-Wire to I2C Interface iMOD module enables devices on a 1-Wire bus to be read and written to via a I2C serial bus. The module uses the Dallas DS2482-100 I2C to 1-Wire Bridge chip and has special circuitry to enable long distance communication on the 1-Wire bus. For details on the DS2482-100, download its datasheet from Maxim's web site.
The 1-Wire to I2C Interface Module has press-fit connectors for easy integration onto a target board, with no soldering required. It can be mounted on a custom board, a prototype board, or the SBC83I PIC18F87J11 Board.
The 1-Wire I2C Bridge iMOD has two rows of press-fit connectors on the bottom of the board. They can be pressed into 1.00mm holes on a 1.6mm thick (standard PCB thickness) target board. No special tool is required, they can be inserted by applying firm pressure to the connectors. Once fitted to the target board, the board is very secure, and can not be removed by hand any more. A screwdriver or similar tool can be used to remove the board if required. If the im1WP is to be soldered onto the target board, 1.10mm holes can be used. This will allow it to be inserted much easier than with 1.00mm holes. When using 1.10mm holes, the board can be removed by hand.
1-Wire to I2C Interface Module Features
- Slew Controlled 1-Wire Edges
- Selectable 1-Wire Slave Presence-Pulse Falling
- Supports Low-Impedance 1-Wire Strong Pull-up for EEPROMs, Temperature Sensors, or Other 1-Wire Slaves that have Edge Masking to Control Fast Edges on the 1-Wire Line
- Standard and Overdrive 1-Wire Communication Speeds
- Provides Reset/Presence, 8-Bit, Single-Bit, and Three-Bit 1-Wire IO Sequences
- 1-Wire Master IO with Selectable Active or Passive 1-Wire Pull-up
- I²C Host Interface, Supports 100kHz and 400kHz I²C Communication Speeds
- Press-Fit connectors are gold plated for best possible contact
- High quality assembly and uses branded name components
- Module dimension: 21.3mm x 19.6mm (0.84" x 0.77")
- RoHS Compliant
- Operating Temperature -20°C to + 70°C
This product can be mounted on any prototype board, or, specifically, the SBC83I PIC18F87J11 board on port 3.
This product consists of the 1-Wire to I2C Bridge iMOD module, fully assembled and tested. It also includes the TB05FS350 5-pin, 3.5mm terminal block plug, as shown in the photos above.