This USB to Serial Micro Converter is based on the popular and powerful FTDI FT232 chip. You can find FT232 drivers for all of the most common operating systems. The module works on 5.0V and 3.3V systems. Pins 7, 8 and 9 are used for voltage setting. All the most used signal pins are available, including a Tx Enable pin for RS485 or similar networks.
Two LEDs allow constant monitoring of the Tx and Rx signals, useful for fast troubleshooting. You can connect the board in several methods; headers are included in the kit. You can also solder the wires directly to the needed pins.
Soldering two 9-pin headers, the module can be used as a 2x9 DIL chip on standard breadboards and prototype boards. Simply connect the device to a computer, install the proper drivers and a virtual serial port will be available on your system.
USB to Serial Micro Converter Specifications
- FTDI FT232RL conversion chip
- Serial Levels: 3.3V or 5.0V selectable
- USB Plug: Mini B
- USB Standard: 1.1 and 2.0 compliant
- 5V Output Power: about 300 mA available from the USB
- Dimensions: 18 x 25mm - max height 8 mm
USB to Serial Micro Converter Features
- Tx and Rx LEDs
- 3.3V and 5V serial levels
- DIL form factor to use the board on breadboards or other 2.54mm pitch standard boards
- 5-pin 2.54mm pitch front connector
- Compact size ideal for prototype or production
- Hardware Handshaking
Download USB to Serial Micro Converter datasheet
Optional Recommended Products for this Item