PEEDI is a high-speed Ethernet/RS232-to-JTAG EmbeddedICE solution that enables you to debug software running on ARM11-based processor cores via the JTAG port. PEEDI provides the services needed to perform GDB debugging operations.
It also works as an In-Circuit Programmer allowing you to program the microcontroller's on-chip Flash memory.
With optional licenses, PEEDI also can be used also for high-speed GNU gdb debugging and Flash Programming of ARM7, ARM9, Cortex M0/M3/M4/A5/A8/A9, XScale, AVR32, PowerPC, Power Architecture, PowerQUICC II, PowerQUICC III, QorIQ, ColdFire, Blackfin, and MIPS32/PIC32 devices, as well as the ARM core of TI DaVinci DM644x.
PEEDI is available as a lower-cost "Flash programmer only" version or as this higher-priced "Flash Programmer/In-Circuit Debugger" version. The price displayed in the upper right corner includes firmware that supports programming/debugging for a single MCU architecture (in this case, ARM11). The firmware of PEEDI can be upgraded to support additional MCU architectures through the purchase of additional software licenses (see Additional Licenses list at bottom of page).
ARM11 In-Circuit Debugger Features
- Supports ARM1136, ARM1156, ARM1176, i.MX31, i.MX35
- Multi Core support (with extra license); up to 4 Cores/Targets
- Supports both open-source and commercial debugging software: gdb, insight, ddd, Kdbg, Eclipse IDE, ARM ADS, ARM RealView, Green Hills MULTI, IAR C-SPY, eCosPro (additional license required for RDI protocols)
- Linux Kernel and applications debugging
- OS awareness — "info threads" support for many OS: Linux, uClinux, eCos, ...
- Access to all CP15 registers — physical or interpreted mode
- Target Reset control and remote reset detection
- Hardware and Software Breakpoints
- Built-in telnet server for Flash programming and debug services
- Automatic processor initialization on power-up and Reset
- RS232 serial interface for setup
- Ability to route the RS232 of the PEEDI to a TCP/IP port
- Ability to route the ARM7/ARM9/Cortex-M3 DCC to a TCP/IP port
- Built-in speaker
- Warranty: Hardware 3 Years; Software 1 Year
Flash Programming Features
- Download images from TFTP, FTP, HTTP server or MMC/SD card
- Telnet command-line interface
- Serial command-line interface
- Front panel interface: 2 buttons and 7-segment LED
- Can be used as Standalone Flash programmer without host — the file images are stored on MMC/SD card and controlled via front panel interface
- Up to 15 file images can be selected on the front panel
- Support of various chip vendors: AMD, Intel, Atmel, Toshiba, SST, SGS and others. The built-in Flash chip database contains information of more than 900 chips
- Support for devices with CFI (Common Flash Interface) as well as: SmartFusion A2F, ADuC7, SAM3, SAM4, AT32UC, AT91SAM7, AT91SAM9XE, EFM32, Kinetis, MAC7xxx, MAC1322x, MFC2xxx, MPC55xx, LPC2xxx, LPC29xx, LPC11xx, LPC17xx, TMS470, LM3S/Stellaris, PIC32, STM32, STR7, STR9, SD/MMC/eMMC
- Programming of Atmel AT45DB SPI DataFlash connected to an AT91 MCU or to an Analog Devices Blackfin MCU — enables the easy use of AT45DB SPI DataFlash as a boot device
- Programming of ST M25P, Spansion S25F and SST SST25 SPI Flash devices connected to a Analog Devices Blackfin MCU
- Programming of I2C EEPROMs — MCU independent
- Programming of FPGA/CPLD devices (JBC Player)
- NAND Flash programming — MCU independent, with software ECC as well as hardware ECC for: APM82xx, BF5xx, i.MX2x, i.MX3x, i.MX5x, MPC5125, MPC83xx, LPC3xxx, PXA320, DM64xx, DM3xx, OMAP L138, OMAP3, OMAP4, S5PC100
- OneNAND Flash programming — MCU independent
- NAND Flash JFFS2 and YAFFS2 support
- NOR Flash CFI support
- Supports Flash chip size over 2GB
- Auto Flash program after target power detect
- Multi Flash support — up 4 devices per core
- Unique serial number support
List of supported Flash devices.
- JTAG/BDM/ICD Clock: 2 kHz to 33 MHz (35cm standard cable)
- Target Voltage: 1.2V to 5V, autosensing
- Ethernet: 10/100 BaseT
- LEDs: Power, Target Power, Ethernet Status, JTAG Status, 7-segment
- Power Supply: 5V, 1A with 6.9V overvoltage shutdown and reverse-polarity protection
- Robust aluminum case
- Dimensions: 115 × 105 × 34 mm
- Weight: 270 g
- I/O Ports: 2×10 JTAG/BDM/ICD Header, RJ45 for RS232, 2.1mm Power Connector
- Buttons: Two on front panel, Reset on back panel
The PEEDI ARM11 JTAG In-Circuit Debugger/Programmer can also support other architectures with the purchase of additional software licenses.
- For AVR32 support, purchase the AVR32 CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For MIPS32 support, purchase the MIPS32 CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For XScale-based core support, purchase the Intel XScale CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For ColdFire support, purchase the ColdFire CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For Power Architecture MPC5500/MPC5600 support, purchase the MPC5500 Power Architecture CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For Power Architecture MPC5121/MPC5123, MPC5200, MPC8300, and PowerPC PPC405 / APM82xx support, purchase the MPC8300 PowerQUICC II CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For Power Architecture MPC8500 and QorIQ P1/P2 support, purchase the MPC8500 PowerQUICC III CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For Power Architecture QorIQ P3/P4/P5 support, purchase the QorIQ CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For ADI Blackfin support, purchase the Blackfin CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For ARM Cortex M0/M3/M4 and Cortex A5/A8/A9 support, purchase the Cortex CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
- For ARM7 and ARM9 CPU support, purchase the ARM7, ARM9 CPU Support for PEEDI JTAG Emulator.
ARM11 In-Circuit Debugger Resources
Programming Adapter Cables By default, the ARM11 PEEDI unit comes with an adapter cable for the standard 20-pin ARM JTAG connection. You can choose an alternative cable using the Adapter option selector below. Use the checkbox options if you want more than one adapter (e.g. if you'll be programming devices with different interfaces). Note that for CTI 20-pin interface (e.g. DaVinci), you need both the PEEDI-TI14 adapter and the TI14-TI20 adapter.
Firmware Maintenance The PEEDI debugger will allow you to update its firmware for one year. You can purchase an additional year using the option checkbox below. To purchase more than one year, you will be able to change the quantity of the Firmware Maintenance at the Shopping Cart screen when you click Buy.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item