This it the first technical reference book available on the PSoC, and it offers the most comprehensive combination of technical data, example code, and descriptive prose you'll find anywhere.
Embedded design expert Robert Ashby will guide you through the entire PSoC world, providing thorough coverage of device feature, design, programming and development of the software-reconfigurable PSoC. He shares his best tips, tricks, and techniques that will help you to utilize the flexible and inexpensive PSoC to its greatest potential, with a minimum of heartaches and late nights.
With its emphasis on designing for adaptability - a feature of the utmost importance in todays fast-paced and cost-pressured design cycles - this book will bring you up to speed quickly on everything PSoC, from memory management to interconnects. You will add brains and capable signal conditioning to a design with one chip, giving you extreme flexibility for a relatively low price. Specific application examples highlighting the PSoCs unique capabilities are included throughout the text, with the supporting sample source code. This valuable code is also provided on the companion CD-ROM so you can easily adapt it to your own designs.
- The first independent technical reference available on the PSoC, a product line experiencing explosive growth in the embedded design world
- Application examples, sample code, and design tips and techniques will get readers get up-to-speed quickly
- Companion CD-ROM includes all example code from book, so that engineers can easily adapt it to their own designs
- Paperback: 272 pages
- Author: Newnes; Pap/Cdr edition (August 5, 2005)
- Publisher:Robert Ashby
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 7.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.1 pounds
Table of Contents Foreward Acknowledgments What's New with PSoC?
Whats On The CD-ROM Introduction to Microcontroller Basics
Chapter 1: Why Use the Cypress PSoC?
Chapter 2: Structure of the PSoC
Chapter 3: PSoC Designer
Chapter 4: Improvements of the PSoC
Chapter 5: Limitations of the PSoC
Chapter 6: PSoC Modules
Chapter 7: Interconnects
Chapter 8: PSoC Memory Management
Chapter 9: Multiple Configurations
Chapter 10: Project Pruning
Chapter 11: Design Tips
Chapter 12: PSoC Express
Appendix A: Global Resources
Appendix B: Project Walkthrough
Appendix C: Limited Analog System About the Author Index