Embedded Design by Interactive Simulation
Explore in detail microcontroller interfacing techniques using the popular PIC 16F877.
Work through step-by-step examples interactively using circuit simulation software, supplied as assembly source code.
Gain the knowledge of a wide range of peripheral devices such as keyboards, displays, sensors and drives and serial communication with other processors, memory and more.
Use interactive simulation software to design and test circuits.
Interfacing PIC Microcontrollers provides a thorough introduction to interfacing techniques for students, hobbyists and engineers looking to take their knowledge of PIC application development to the next level. Each chapter ends with suggestions for further applications, based on the examples given, and numerous line drawings illustrate application of the hardware.
Step-by-step examples in assembly language are used to illustrate a comprehensive set of interfaces, and these can be run interactively on circuit simulation software, used to aid understanding without the need to build real hardware.
- Paperback: 312 pages
- Author: Martin P. Bates
- Publisher: Newnes (September 20, 2006)
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 7.4 x 0.8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.3 pounds
Table of Contents
PART 1 PIC MICROCONTROLLERS
- 1 PIC Hardware Program memory Program execution SFRs & Ports
- 2 PIC Software Assembly language C Programming Software design
- 3 Circuit Simulation Analogue & Digital circuits Microcontroller circuits Interactive Simulation
PART 2 SIMPLE INTERFACING
- 4 Digital Inputs Switches & Keypads Interrupts Timing
- 5 Display Outputs LEDs Segmented displays Alphanumeric displays
- 6 Data processing Arithmetic Conversion Numerical Formats
PART 3 SYSTEM INTERFACING
- 7 Analogue Inputs ADC Interfacing Sensors
- 8 Power Outputs Current drivers Relays & Motors AC Loads
- 9 Serial Communication RS232 SPI I2C
- 10 System Expansion Parallel memory Multiprocessor Systems Real Time Operating Systems
Guide to CD ROM Source code listings CD ROM CONTENTS – ISIS Schematic Capture and Simulation Software (Demo version) – MPLAB Integrated Development System Software – PIC 16F877 Data Sheet PDF – LCD display data – Sensor, motor data etc – Electronic version of book