AVR Development System Bundle with STK200 AVR board for DIL devices, USB port AVR ISP Programmer and USB port JTAGICE In-Circuit Debugger
STK200 Atmel AVR Starter Kit Overview
- ATtiny13, ATtiny25, ATtiny26, ATtiny2313, ATtiny45, ATtiny261, ATtiny461, ATtiny85, ATtiny861
- ATtiny24, ATtiny44, ATtiny84 - ISP only, no board socket
- ATmega48, ATmega8, ATmega88, ATmega16, ATmega161, ATmega162, ATmega163, ATmega164P, ATmega165, ATmega168, ATmega169, ATmega32, ATmega325, ATmega324P, ATmega329, ATmega644, ATmega644P, ATmega645, ATmega649, ATmega8515, ATmega8535
- AT90CAN32, AT90CAN64, AT90CAN128, AT90PWM2/3, AT90PWM316 - ISP only
The STK200 supports in-system programming only for the following AVRmega microcontrollers (i.e. there are no sockets on the board for those devices; you need your own PCB with 10-pin IDC box ISP header). See STK300 bundle for full development board support on those devices.
Equivalent low voltage (L) Parts are supported.
- ATmega64, ATmega128, ATmega1280, ATmega1281, ATmega169, ATmega2561, ATmega2560, ATmega3250, ATmega3290, ATmega640, ATmega6450, ATmega6490
100-pin parts are supported only via ISP.
- Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7, both 32-bit and 64-bit
STK200 Atmel AVR Board Details
- Separate sockets for different devices simplifies use
- Easy access to all ports
- Peripheral support including ADC and UART
- LCD interface. LCD modules are available separately.
- 3.3V/5V operation
- Brownout circuitry
- Switches and LEDs (can be moved to different ports)
- Manual on CD
- Sockets for Flash RAM (AT29256) and Address latch
- Socket for 2-wire EEPROM (24Cxxx)
- Clock/Port pin jumpers on smaller sockets, to free I/O pin when running
AVR In-System Programmer
The ISP Programmer included in this kit supports programming all serial-programmable AT90S, ATmega and ATtiny devices via the PC's USB port. The ISP connector is the industry standard 10-pin IDC box ISP header.
For PC Serial or Parallel port support, see the Atmel AVR Programmer for Serial & Parallel Ports, which is compatible with this development board.
AVR JTAG In-System Debugger Overview The JTAGAVR Tool is a real AVR ATmega In-Circuit Emulator compatible with AVR Studio -- Atmel's AVR integrated development environment software. The AVR JTAG debugger uses the On-Chip Debug (OCD) features of the AVR devices, which allows you to emulate/debug the actual device in-circuit, resulting in exact electrical and code feedback. The combination of AVR Studio software and the JTAG ICE provides you with advanced debugging features during code development, like setting of various breakpoint types and single-stepping.
- Compact debugger and programmer
- Compatible with AVR Studio 4 (minimum 4.10); not compatible with AVR Studio 5 — see the STK200-DRAGON kit for AVR Studio 5 support
- Supported by Win 98, 2000, ME, XP
- Atmel JTAG interface
- 3V to 5V operation
- 3 hardware breakpoints
- Step and Break on program change
- USB port operation
- Assembler and HLL source-level debugging
- Includes adapters for STK200, STK300 and STK500
JTAGAVR ICE Supported Devices
- ATmega32, ATmega16, ATmega64
- ATmega128, ATmega162, ATmega169
- ATmega323, AT90CAN128
Included AVR Kit Software
Application Builder The Application Builder for AT90S, ATmega8515 and ATmega8535 uses wizards to generate set-up code for timers, UART, ADC, SPI, ports, watchdog and interrupts. The stack pointer, external SRAM access and other device features can be set also. It allows you to create source code templates, code examples and test routines, getting you started quickly. Bootloader setup code is included.
Assembler The assembler/linker is built-in to the AVR Studio integrated development environment.
Unlimited WinAVR C Compiler AVR-GCC 3.2 is included on CD-ROM in a complete self-extracting installer. This links to AVR Studio, so projects can be written and debugged in C or Assembler.
Atmel AVR Emulation and Simulation The AVR Studio integrated development environment allows you to easily develop and debug your code with its built-in assembler and simulator, then download your AVR code to the kit's board for real-time execution.
You can view example AVR C code for the STK200 using the links below:
STK200 Atmel AVR Development Kit Contents
- STK200 development board (comes with ATmega16 or ATmega8515 depending on current availability)
- CD-ROM with Application Builder, AVR-GCC, AVR Studio, user manual, schematics, datasheets, and code examples
- Atmel AVR Studio: Integrated Development Environment (IDE) including assembler and simulator
- AVR In-System Programmer for PC USB port
- AVR JTAG In-Circuit Emulator & Debugger (includes adapters for use with STK200, STK300 and STK500 boards)
Country of Origin: UK
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Atmel ATtiny2313-20PU AVR Microcontroller, 20 DIP, 20 MHz||+|| US$3.01|
|Atmel ATmega162-16PU AVR Microcontroller, 40 DIP, 16 MHz||+|| US$6.70|
|24LC256-I/P Serial EEPROM, 8 DIP, 32k||+|| US$1.28|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, U.S. plug, 6 connection tips||+|| US$11.00|
|Power Supply 3-12V DC, US/UK/Euro/AU Plugs, 100-240VAC||+|| US$13.00|
|7-Segment LED Display Add-on for STK200, STK300, PIC-BOARD||+|| US$11.00|
|16 x 2 Alphanumeric LCD Module||+|| US$21.00|
|Keypad Add-on: 4 x 4, 8-pin||+|| US$9.90|