The Leap PStart is manufactured under license from Microchip. It is a PICStart Plus & MPLAB compatible programmer that supports all PIC devices that are also supported by Microchip's own PICStart Plus Programmer.
This PICStart Plus compatible programmer connects via the serial RS232 port to your PC and is operated with Microchip's free Integrated Development Environment, MPLAB. The programmer supports most of the DIP-packaged microcontrollers available from Microchip. For specific products supported, see the reademe file found in MPLAB IDE for up-to-date information.
The unit's firmware can be updated via MPLAB to provide up-to-date support for the latest PIC devices. MPLAB operates on any PC-compatible machine running under the Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000 operating system.
PICStart Plus Compatible Programmer Features
- Supports most DIP package PIC MCUs (see MPLAB release notes for supported devices)
- Supports optional Programming Adapters to program non-DIL packages
- Operates with PC-compatible host system running Windows under MPLAB environment
- Able to upgrade software from Leap or Microchip internet server
- Reads, programs, verifies EPROM and EEPROM program and data memory
- Reads, programs, verifies all configuration bits
- Displays, edits, and transfers device contents to and from programmer unit
- MPLAB Project support that automatically downloads object file to PStart Plus
- MPASM Assembler translates assembler source code to object code
- MPLAB-SIM Windows-based simulator designed to model operation to all PIC12/16/17/18 microcontrollers
- Complete with RS232 cable, 9V universal IEC power supply, power cable and MPLAB IDE
Physical and Environmental Specifications
- Dimensions: 16cm x 11cm x 4.5cm
- Weight: 0.5 kg
- Temperature: +5 degrees C to +45 degrees C
- Humidity: up to 90% non-condensing
- Operation Voltage: DC 9V, 500mA
- Frequency Range: 47 to 63 Hz
- Power Consumption: 10W maximum
Download Supported Devices List