The EM1202 is a universal module that can serve as a central building block of control equipment, data terminals, safety and security systems, etc. Its firmware, called TiOS (Tibbo Operating System), features a virtual machine that executes your application written in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C.
100Mbps Ethernet Module Features
- Very compact (19 x 17 x 14.6 mm)
- 88 MHz purpose-built CPU
- One 100BaseT Ethernet port
- Works with RJ1202 companion Ethernet connector (see option below) or any standard RJ45 socket and 100BaseT magnetics
- 4 high-speed TTL serial ports:
- Baud rates up to 1.8Mbps
- Full- and half-duplex communications *
- Support for Wiegand, clock/data i/f
- Optional automatic flow control
- 1024k on-board flash disk
- Real-time clock **
- 32 general-purpose I/O lines, 24 of them combined into three 8-bit ports
- 4 status LED control lines
- Variable-frequency buzzer control pin
- Low-power (230mA @ 3.3V)
- Internal firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
* Full-duplex mode is suitable for RS232 and RS422; half-duplex mode for RS485. RS232/422/485 transceivers are not built in.
** This device does not have backup power input. See the EM1000 if you want to have backup power for the RTC.
BASIC and C Programmability
View Tibbo BASIC Introduction Videos.
- Executes your own application written in Tibbo BASIC, Tibbo C, or even a combination of the two
- Absolute flexibility; the EM1202 works as a miniature computing platform.
- Supplied with TIDE — a comprehensive development environment featuring seamless cross-debugging.
- Integrated web server (HTTP) with dynamic content generation.
- Numerous high-level objects speed up and simplify coding. Available objects include:
- sock — up to 16 simultaneous TCP or UDP connections
- ser — UART communications
- io — control serial port lines
- stor — read to and write from the EEPROM
- romfile — add static (ROM) data to your project
- Plus objects sys, net, button, pat, beep, rtc, and fdisk
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
Optional Connector and Magnetics
The RJ1202, shown on the right, can be used as a companion Ethernet connector. This is not included with the EM1202. You can add it using the option checkbox below. See also the EM1202 Starter Kit which includes the EM1202 and RJ1202 mounted on a PCB ready to use.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item