The Imagecraft ICCV7 for CPU12 & CPUS12 Embedded Development Suite for Freescale (Motorola) HC(S)12 microcontrollers includes an ANSI C-compiler, relocatable assembler & linker, powerful and user-friendly IDE, libraries, librarian, source code management and a make utility.
HCS12X devices can be used as faster replacements for the S12 devices, plus the XGate-capable assembler (available in the Advanced and Professional licenses) allows you to access this powerful co-processor in the S12X family.
Comprehensive Target Support
- Supports all Freescale (Motorola) CPU12/S12/S12X (HC12 and HCS12) microcontrollers.
- Write interrupt handlers in C.
- Supports inline assembly, and can interface with assembly modules.
- Byte operations.
- Automatic generation of bit field instructions such as bset, bclr, brset, brclr, etc.
- Supports single-chip and expanded mode.
- Easy-to-use extended code paging (up to 64K with Standard license; unlimited with Advanced and Professional licenses)
Powerful and User-Friendly IDE
- Fast 32-bit Windows Integrated Development Environment, accepts long file names.
- Uncluttered tabbed editor windows.
- C editor with syntax highlighting, jump to matching braces, block indents and outdents, extensive bookmark support, and code templates.
- Code Browser lists your project's functions and variables by their addresses, data type and sizes.
- Project Manager automatically generates standard makefile; one click to rebuild.
- Simple interface to select compiler options, including choosing from a database of popular chip configurations for memory address setup, selecting different versions of "printf" based on features and code size, and lots more.
- Built-in ANSI Terminal emulator for target communication.
Freescale (Motorola) CPU12 ANSI C compiler
- Modern fast C Compiler with FULL support for the ANSI C language not micro-C or extended K&R C, but a robust ANSI C front-end written from the ground up which has been in use for over 10 years.
- 32-bit longs, 32-bit IEEE single precision floating point.
- Device-specific instructions.
- Optimized switch handling.
- Algebraic simplifications.
- Block-level common subexpression elimination.
- Peephole optimization.
CPU12 Assembler / Linker
- Relocatable Freescale CPU12 (Motorola HC12/HCS12) assembler and linker.
- Assembler directives include conditional processing, include files, macros and textual defines.
- Industry standard output formats: Intel HEX, Motorola S19.
- NoICE12 (available in a bundle package for $100 more) provides full C source-level debugging.
- Supports P&E map file format, Axiom's BDM-12.
- Compiler produces listing files that are usable by most assembly-level debuggers using conversion programs.
- Subset of ANSI C library including printf, memory allocation, strings, and math functions.
- Target-specific functions such as those for accessing EEPROM and various subsystems (SPI, ADC, etc.)
- Make utility
- Librarian to manage library file
- RCS for source code management
- There is HTML help as well as a PDF manual included in the installation. A printed manual (over 100 pages) is available as an option; see below.
Third Party Tool Support
- Command-line compilers callable from other editors (e.g. Codewright). Multiedit interface DLL also available.
- µCOS/II Real Time kernel.
- Excellent technical support via email. Typical turnaround time is the same day.
- Free 6-month maintenance update via internet download.
- Low-cost annual maintenance plan (see below).
Different License Versions Available This software suite is available with different license versions, which you can select at the bottom of this page. Their features are outlined below:
- Standard ANSI C compiler for CPU12 code generation. IDE with editor, project manager and code browser. Support for up to 64 Kbytes of unpaged memory and 64 Kbytes of expanded memory. Help files available as HTML Help and PDF file.
- Advanced All Standard features but with support for unlimited expanded program memory access. Adds XGate assembler for S12X.
- Professional (not available yet) This version will support S12X global addressing and new instructions, and include the MIO Global Optimizer to improve program size and run time by 10-15%. You will be able to upgrade to this version when it is available by paying the price difference.
- Non-commercial This low-cost license is similar to Standard, except that there is no floating-point support and you can not run the command-line compiler. Upon purchasing a non-commercial license, you agree that you will not use the product for any commercial uses, including but not limited to product development and prototyping for potential products.
USB License Dongle Option By default, this compiler is tied to a single Windows PC via a unique key generated for that machine. If you would like to use the license on different PCs, or just have peace of mind against ever needing to reformat your system, be sure to select the USB License Dongle option below. (The dongle is not available for the Non-commercial license version.)
CPU12 Compiler Suite Software Download This software is available as a web download only. You will be emailed the license key information unless you also select the USB License Dongle, in which case a dongle will be shipped to you. Please allow a few days for the license key and/or USB dongle to be created; you can use the software immediately upon download while you wait for your license key or dongle, as it functions fully for 45 days without a license. Download the ICC12 Software.
|1 Year Maintenance Plan:||
Optional Recommended Products for this Item