MSP430F123 Header Board Features
- MSP430F123 MCU with 8 kBytes Program Flash, 256 Bytes data Flash, 256 Bytes RAM, hardware UART
- MSP JTAG connector
- JTAG Power_In and Power_Out jumpers
- 32.768 kHz oscillator crystal
- TEST pin pull-down
- RST/NMI pin pull-up
- Power supply filtering capacitor
- Extension headers for each uC pin
- PCB: FR-4, 1.5 mm (0.062"), green soldermask, white silkscreen component print
- Dimensions: 43 x 20 mm (1.7 x 0.78")
- Space between pin rows 15.24 mm (0.6")
JTAG Power_In and Power_Out Jumpers The Power_In jumper (P_IN) connects the power supply from the JTAG connector to the MSP430F123. When this jumper is placed, you can program the microcontroller on the board without any other external supply. Note that if the MSP430F123 board is plugged into another target board, you must ensure that this circuit doesn't draw more than a few milliamperes, due to the JTAG port current limitations. Power_In is useful to program your board when it is used standalone and not plugged into another target board.
The Power_Out jumper (P_OUT) connects power from the MSP430F123 board to the JTAG connector. When this jumper is placed, the power supply of the JTAG debugger/programmer will follow the power supply of the header board. This is useful when your board is plugged into an additional target board that draws a higher current or works at an operating voltage lower than +3.3V.
Note: Never place both the P_IN and P_OUT jumpers at the same time. Always make sure only one jumper is closed.