The EX9530 is an intelligent, stackable expansion module that connects to a PC USB port or USB hub, providing one High-Speed RS232/422 or RS485 serial port (jumperless). The EX9530 provides easy connectivity for traditional serial devices.
The RS232 standard supports full-duplex communication and handshaking signals (such as RTS, CTS). The RS485 control is completely transparent to the user, and software written for half-duplex COM works without any modification.
The EX-9530's opto-isolators provide 3000V DC of isolation to protect the host computer from ground loops and destructive voltage spikes on the RS232/422 and RS485 data lines.
EX-9530 also offers internal surge protection on the data lines. Internal high-speed transient suppressors on each data line protects the module from dangerous voltage levels or spikes.
The module derives power from the USB port, so it doesn't need an external power adapter.
USB to RS232/422/485 Converter Features
- USB 1.1 Compliant
- Automatic direction flow control on RS485
- Full-Duplex RS232/RS422 support
- RS232 supports RTS & CTS handshake signals
- Minimum 3000V DC isolation protection
- Transient suppression on RS485 data lines
- Automatic switching for USB to RS232/RS422 or RS485 (jumperless)
- Automatic switching baud rate up to 115.2 Kbps
- Reserved space for termination resistors R1 (TX/DATA), R2 (RX)
- Power and data flow indicator for troubleshooting
- Driver support for Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP, Mac and Linux
- Powered through USB
- Mounts easily on DIN-rail or panel
USB to RS232/422/485 Converter Specifications
- USB Controller: Compatible with USB Specification 1.1
- USB interface connector: USB type B
- Isolation Side: RS232/422/485
- Converted signals: RS232/RS422 or RS485 Auto-switching (jumperless)
- Handshake: RS232 supports RTS & CTS handshake signals
- Auto-switching baud rate (bps): 300 to 115.2 Kbps
- Transmit and Receive LED indicators
- Isolation voltage: 3000V DC
- RS232/RS422/RS485 connector: Plug-in screw terminals
- Accessories supplied: Nylon DIN-rail Mounting Adapter, SECC Panel Mounting Bracket
- Plug-in screw terminal wiring: Accepts AWG1 #12 to #22 (0.5 to 2.5 mm) wires
- Power requirement: USB bus power
- Case: ABS with captive mounting hardware
- Power consumption: 0.65 W
- Operating temperature: 0 to 70 °C (32 to 158 °F)
- Storage temperature: -25 to 85 °C (13 to 185 °F)
- Humidity: 5 to 95%, non-condensing
USB to RS232/422/485 Converter Resources
Note: Extreme care must be taken when dealing with high voltages. We assume no liability for improper or unsafe use of this product.
Lead time: 4 business days