The Byte Craft Limited C38 Code Development System supports the entire Renesas (Mitsubishi) MELPS 740 (38000) series of microcontrollers, which includes the 7600 series, M509xx, M371xx, M374xx and M38xxx.
Operating System Support
The MELPS740 C38 Code Development System includes:
- an optimizing MELPS740 C Cross-compiler.
- the BCLink linker.
- an Integrated Development Environment and editor.
- a built-in MELPS740 macro cross-assembler.
MELPS 740 C Compiler Features In Detail Other features of the MELPS740 C38 Code Development System include:
- Mitsubishi microcontroller part-specific header files describe the unique features of each target device.
- compiler configuration using #pragma directives.
- ports are declared and protected using the #pragma port series of directives
- the #pragma vector directive specifies the location and assigned name for interrupt sources.
- BClink Linker links object files and libraries compiled with the MELPS740 C-compiler c38.exe
- object libraries can be included directly in C source files using Absolute Code Mode
- named address spaces support the grouping of variables at specific memory locations
- SPECIAL address space declares variables at special locations such as external devices or internal EPROM
- LOCAL address space allows you to use local variables
- extensions to the C language designed specifically for the embedded systems developer. Some extensions include the bit and bits data types, binary constants, extended case statements, direct variable placement with the @ symbol, and support for Mitsubishi processor-specific functions.
- interrupt handler support in C; makes context saving and restoring easy.
- Data types include:
- bit, bits.
- char, short, int, long.
- selectable 8 or 16 bit int data type.
- packed bit fields in structs.
- include single and multiple lines of inline assembly within a C program with the #asm and #endasm directives
- extensive control over computer-generated initialization.
- generates source-level information required for MELPS740 emulators.
- supports the instruction extensions MUL, 7600
- supports MELPS740 microcontroller specific instructions BRK, CLC, CLD, CLI, CLT, CLV, NOP, PHA, PLA, PLP, ROL, ROR, RRF, SEC, SED, SEI, SET, STP, SEI, WIT
- allows direct access to AC, X, Y, CC registers
Country of Origin: Canada