The EM200 is an Ethernet Module for on-board installation and can be tested with the EM200-EV Evaluation Board. Module hardware includes one 100BaseT Ethernet port (standard Ethernet magnetics are NOT integrated into the module), one serial port (CMOS-level) with a number of additional general-purpose I/O lines, and an internal processor whose firmware acts as a bridge between the Ethernet and serial ports. The Ethernet "side" of the module connects directly to a standard Ethernet magnetics circuit (such as YCL-PH163112) or RJ45 connector with integrated magnetics. The Serial "side" interfaces directly to the serial port pins of most microcontrollers, microprocessors, UARTs, etc.
- Very compact, external dimensions only 32.1 × 18.5 × 7.3 mm
- Power consumption:220mA @ 5V DC
- One 100BaseT Ethernet port; Ethernet magnetics not built in
- One serial (TTL) port
- Serial port includes RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR and five additional lines; all lines can be used as remotely controlled I/O
- Four LED lines provide module status information (module does not have LEDs; lines are for your host system)
- Internal firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network
- EM200 Starter Kit available
- CE- and FCC-approved
Fixed Firmware Features
- Serial (TTL) port supports full- or half-duplex operation; baudrates of up to 115200bps; 5 parity modes (none, even, odd, mark, space); 7 or 8 data bits; optional RTS/CTS flow control
- Two extended 8KByte routing buffers
- On-board EEPROM stores numerous user-definable functioning parameters (Settings)
- Supported network protocols include UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (PING) and DHCP
- Module setup can be performed through the serial port or network (over-the-network IP-address configuration is also supported). Network setup can be performed using UDP commands or "Telnet" TCP connection
- Specialized "on-the-fly" commands for serial port control, "modem" commands to control network connections, status commands for remote status monitoring, etc.
- Works with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit (DST) for Windows, including Virtual Serial Port Driver (VSPD) (COM redirector)
- Linux version of the VSPD is also available
Programmable Firmware Features
(Tibbo Operating System)
- Code your applications in Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C
- Comprehensive development environment with seamless cross-debugging (TIDE — Tibbo IDE)
- Absolute flexibility — the device is no longer a Device Server, but can serve many other functions (Programmable Network Controller)
- Integrated web server (HTTP) — create a web front-end for your device
- High-level objects, such as sock for socket communications and ser for serial port control simplify your code and allow you to create a data-transport application with just a few lines of code.
View the TIDE, TiOS, Tibbo BASIC and Tibbo C Online Manual.
View a Tibbo BASIC Introduction Video.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item