PIC-MINI-WEB is a very small PIC TCP/IP server board, at 55 x 36 mm in size. It's supported by Microchip's open-source TCP/IP stack AN833. The board includes a PIC18F25J10 microcontroller and an ENC28J60 Ethernet controller supporting SLIP, ARP, IP, ICMP, TCP, UDP, HTTP, DHCP, and FTP.
The Microchip stack is written very modular and flexible. You can enable or disable modules, and it supports dynamic web pages which give you the ability to control all PIC resources remotely via FTP, HTTP, UDP, TCP etc. With this board, you can implement a web and FTP server, send emails, and almost everything that the big servers do. On-board 1Mbit serial Flash (128KB) is available for data storage.
The LAN connector could be connected to a 10Mbit Etherent switch or hub. There is also an IDC14 connector with 10 GPIOs and power supply and reset signals. With this board, you can set up a web server with dynamic web pages which allow you to read PIC resources or to drive them through a web interface, e.g. to read ADC and display it on the web or to toggle GPIO outputs from the web. This creates a very convenient way to make home automation and to monitor and control your home from anywhere via the internet. Another use for this board is to run an FTP server, or you can control the PIC via telnet, or you can send and receive e-mails and trigger hardware events with them. All these things possible due to the free firmware which Microchip provides, and the best of all there are no upfront charges for the software nor royalties.
Microchip PIC Webserver Board Features
- PIC18F25J10 microcontroller, ENC28J60 Ethernet controller, 32KB Flash, 1K RAM
- 1 Mbit on-board serial Flash for web page storage
- Mini ICSP connector (1.25mm) for in-circuit programming and debugging (we have an optional adapter; see add-on options below)
- Reset button
- User event button connected to RB0 interrupt
- Complete web server and TCP/IP stack support as per Microchip's open-source TCP/IP stack
- Power plug-in jack for +5V DC power supply
- Voltage regulator +3.3V and filtering capacitors
- Status LED
- Extension header to connect to other boards
- Dimensions 55 x 36 mm (2.16 x 1.42")
Microchip PIC Webserver Board Resources
Note: This board does not ship with any documentation or software. Download all necessary documentation & software from links above. The TCP/IP stack comes pre-loaded on the board with DHCP disabled and IP address set to 192.168.0.30. To get access to the webserver pages, you must apply power, connect the PIC-MINI-WEB to your computer or LAN, and point your browser to http://192.168.0.30
Ships from: USA
Leadtime: In stock
Optional Recommended Products for this Item