This Input-Output-Relay board comes in an enclosure measuring 130 x 100 x 30 mm. The outputs, relays and inputs can be controlled via Ethernet, RS232, RS485 or CAN Bus, depending on which control board you install. No control board is included. The following control boards can be used: Note: The image to the right shows a backup battery and a DS1307 real-time clock installed, but they are not included.
PIC I/O Relay Board Features
- Relay board comes fully assembled with enclosure and screws
- 5 relay outputs rated at 30V. Relays are rated 7A at 250V AC. All relay outputs have 3 terminals: Normally Closed, Common, and Normally Open
- 4 opto isolated input rated at 30V. Opto coupler ICs are rated at 5300V AC input isolation. Inputs are all diode protected. Opto couplers are socketed for easy replacement. They switch on at approximately 2V, and have been tested to voltages up to 50V.
- 5 analog or digital inputs (5V or 26V). Inputs 1-5 are connected to port pins A0, A1, A2, A3, and A5 of the control board. These ports are analog inputs on most PIC processors, thus can be used as analog or digital input.
- 1 counter or digital input (5V). Input 6 is connected to port pin A4 of the control board. A4 is connected to the Timer0 clock input on most PIC processors, thus it can be used as a digital or counter input.
- 6 digital outputs (5V). Inputs 1-6 can be used alternatively as digital outputs. Each output as a 2k2 series resistor.
- Inputs 1-4 can be configured via straps to be 5V or 26V inputs
- Resistor dividers on inputs 1-4 use high-accuracy 0.25% resistors
- All connectors use 8A pluggable 3.81 mm screw type terminal blocks that can be plugged into the module easily. All terminal blocks are pre-installed.
- Software-controlled power indicator LED
- 15 software-controlled LEDs for indicating status of all relays, inputs and outputs
- Assembled with high-accuracy 20 ppm RTC 32.432 kHz crystal
- Battery holder for RTC backup battery (common CR2032 3V lithium cell, not included). Typical battery life: 10 years
- IC socket for installing DS1307 real-time clock (not included)
- 3-pin molex connector for access to RS232 signal on control board (cable available as option; see below)
Note: Please take extreme care when dealing with high-voltage designs. Use of this product is at your own risk!
Be sure to use the option drill-down below to choose a faceplate to match the control board you will be using. This will give your finished relay unit a durable, professional appearance:
I/O Relay Board Resources
Optional RS232 cable An optional 6-foot RS232 Cable is available. This cable has a 9-pin Sub-D female connector on one side and a 3-pin Molex plug on the other. The cable can be directly connected to the 3-pin Molex connector on the relay board. Please select the appropriate option below if you would like to buy this cable with your relay board.
Rear Faceplates To fully enclose your system, you will need to purchase the appropriate faceplate from the option checkboxes at the bottom of this page. There are five faceplates available depending on the board you're using and the communication method you're utilizing. Pick the faceplate that suits your project:
FPAN-IOR5E-232, for SBC28PC-IR2 board using RS232:
FPAN-IOR5E-232D, for SBC28DC board using RS232:
FPAN-IOR5E-458, for SBC28PC-IR4 board using RS485:
FPAN-IOR5E-CAN, for SBC28PC-IR2 or SBC28PC-IR4 board using CAN bus:
FPAN-IOR5E-NET, for SBC65EC or SBC68EC board using Ethernet:
Optional Recommended Products for this Item