Analog and Digital Circuits for Electronic Control Systems Applications Using the TI MSP430 covers the fundamentals of:
- Sensors and the electrical signals they output
- The design and application of the electronic circuits that receive and condition (change or modify) the sensor analog signals
- The design and application of the circuits that convert analog signals to digital and digital signals to analog
- The makeup and operation of a microcontroller and how to program it
- The application of electronic circuits for system power control.
Embedded systems are ubiquitous; they are all around us, doing things for us without our awareness or involvement, like applying our brakes optimally in ABS systems, adjusting our environments in HVAC systems, and landing our aircraft in fly-by-wire systems. As these examples show, one of the most important functions of most embedded systems designs is the measurement, processing, and adjustment of real-world analog data (such as temperature, pressure, or humidity); these functions are generically known as control systems. In today's systems, the processing must be made at increasing speeds yet with the utmost accuracy and lowest possible power consumption. This practical book, endorsed by Texas Instruments, explains the latest techniques in microcontroller-based control system design, the fundamentals of sensors, and circuit design.
The book, written by experienced microcontroller engineer and textbook author Jerry Luecke, is suitable for community college students, technical school students, technicians and engineers just being introduced to microcontroller system design. It is an introductory book, focusing on real-world implementation of a basic control system, with real-world circuit examples. You will find clearly-written discussions coupled with many illustrations. You will also find worked-out examples that illustrate principles within each chapter, and quizzes to improve your understanding.
In addition, a hands-on TI MSP430 project suitable for an electronics microcontroller laboratory course is discussed in detail. The accompanying CD-ROM contains microcontroller application notes, code for the software examples, and problem solutions.
Analog and Digital Circuits Book Highlights
- Seasoned Texas Instruments designer provides a ground-up perspective on embedded control systems
- Teaching style uses a self-learning approach with examples, quizzes and review features
- CD-ROM contains source code and other extras
Paperback; 312 pages