This book presents a thorough introduction to the Microchip PICŪ microcontroller family, including all of the PIC programming and interfacing for all the peripheral functions.
A step-by-step approach to PIC assembly language programming is presented, with tutorials that demonstrate how to use such inherent development tools such as the Integrated Development Environment MPLAB, PIC18 C compiler, the ICD2 in-circuit debugger, and several demo boards.
Comprehensive coverage spans the topics of interrupts, timer functions, parallel I/O ports, various serial communications such as USART, SPI, I2C, CAN, A/D converters, and external memory expansion.
PIC Microcontroller Book Features
- Abundant examples are provided in both assembly and C languages to instruct readers in the basics of interface programming that meets industrial trends
- A rich set of exercises is provided at the end of each chapter for readers to learn key concepts and drill their skills
- Numerous drawings and tables illustrate and clarify important concepts and algorithms to reinforce comprehension
- Topics progress in a logical fashion from the simple to the more complex to enable logical thinking processes
- A complementary back-of-book CD features example programs and datasheets referenced in the book for easy experimenting
Table of Contents
Introduction to the PIC18 Microcontroller
PIC18 Assembly Language Programming
PIC18 Development Tools
Advanced Assembly Programming
Using the C Compiler
Interrupts, Resets, and Configuration
Timers and CCP Modules
Addressable Universal Synchronous Asynchronous Receiver Transceiver
Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)
Inter-Integrated Circuit (I2C) Interface
Analog to Digital Converter
Controller Area Network
External Memory Extension
Hardcover; 790 pages.