The GangPro430 can program and verify six MSP430 60-kByte Flash in 5 seconds. Full erasure, blank check, program and verify takes just 8 seconds. The included 14-pin standard JTAG cable utilizes unused JTAG pins to facilitate gang-JTAG connections to as many as six devices. What's more, the included X-Pro430 software allows you to connect up to eight GangPro430 programmers to one PC, giving you the capability to in-circuit program up to 48 microcontrollers in one sitting.
When not gang programming, the JTAG cable operates as any normal single-device 14-pin JTAG connection. In that case, the Flash programming speed increases from 12 kBytes/s with six devices to 21 kBytes/s with a single device.
As of software version 3.0, up to six devices can be programmed via BSL in 12 seconds, and the SpyBiWire interface is supported also. See the User Manual for details.
MSP430 Gang JTAG/BSL/SBW Programmer Features
- Supports all MSP430Fxx microcontrollers including new MSP430F2xx and Extended MSP430X with Flash size over 60kB.
- Can blow the JTAG security fuse.
- Selectable JTAG speed: 1 Mb/s or 400 kb/s.
- No code size limitations.
- Target device can be powered by the programming adapter (2.2V to 3.6V, step 0.2V, 100 mA max) or by external source (2.2V to 3.6V).
- Easy-to-use Windows software.
- Accepts TI (*.txt), Freescale/Motorola (*.s19) and Intel (*.hex) data files for programming.
- Able to combine code files.
- Lock setup capability — useful in production.
- msp430.dll library allows you to use the GangPro430 with most popular IDE debugging software (for single devices).
- API-DLL software package can control the GangPro430 from other programs.
- Software package can assign and automatically increment serial number, model type and revision number. Serial Number with or without an automatically inserted current date can be stored in the FLASH memory in HEX, BCD or ASCII format. Several serial number formats are available.
- Log file capability allows you to review information about the flashed target devices.
- Several erase/write options allow you to erase/write all Flash memory or just a specified fragment of memory. This feature is very useful when only part of programmed data/code should be replaced. For example, this feature can be used to download the serial number, calibration data or personality data without losing existing program code.
- SpyBiWire support as of software version 3.0.
A USB cable is included to connect the GangPro430 to your PC.
Multi-FPA API-DLL The Multi-FPA API-DLL allows for simultaneous remote control of up to eight Gang Programming Adapters. You can use a USB hub to connect up to eight GangPro430s to your PC and program 48 targets simultaneously. The libraries include support for Visual C++, Visual BASIC, and LabVIEW. A DLL selector allows you to load and run five different libraries, so you can control your programming adapters from five different IDE software packages.
Download User Manual (PDF file, 1.9MB)
Download Multi-FPA API-DLL User Guide (PDF file, 678kB)
Optional Recommended Products for this Item