The FlashPro430 can program and verify a 60-kByte Flash in 2.3 seconds. Full erasure, blank check, program and verify takes just 3.5 seconds with the JTAG interface, and 6.3 seconds via BSL. Serious production usage is possible, too, because the included X-Pro430 software allows you to connect up to eight FlashPro430 programmers to a single PC. SpyBiWire interface is supported too.
The included 14-pin JTAG cable utilizes the unused JTAG pins to facilitate BSL pins, so the same connector handles both. A simple wiring job enables you to program via BSL when required.
MSP430 Programmer Features
- Supports all MSP430Fxx microcontrollers including new MSP430F2xx and Extended MSP430X with flash size over 60kB.
- Can blow the JTAG security fuse.
- Selectable JTAG speed: 4 Mb/s, 1 Mb/s or 400 kb/s.
- Proprietary Fast BSL algorithms communicate over 35 times faster than standard TI BSL.
- No code size limitations.
- Target device can be powered by the programming adapter (2.2V to 3.6V, step 0.2V, 100 mA max) or by external source (2.7V to 3.6V).
- Easy-to-use Windows software.
- Accepts TI (*.txt), Freescale/Motorola (*.s19) and Intel (*.hex) data files for programming.
- Able to combine code files.
- Lock setup capability — useful in production.
- msp430.dll library allows you to use the FlashPro430 with most popular IDE debugging software.
- API-DLL software package can control the FlashPro430 from other programs.
Multi-FPA API-DLL The Multi-FPA API-DLL allows for simultaneous remote control of up to eight Flash Programming Adapters. You can use a USB hub to connect up to eight target devices to your PC. The libraries include support for Visual C++, Visual BASIC, and LabVIEW. A DLL selector allows you to load and run five different libraries, so you can control your programming adapters from five different IDE software packages.
- Software package can assign and automatically increment serial number, model type and revision number. Serial number with or without an automatically inserted current date can be stored in the Flash memory in HEX, BCD or ASCII format. Several serial number formats are available.
- Serial number can be read from the bar code using Bar-Code Scanner and saved in the target device's Flash.
- Log file capability allows you to review information about the flashed target devices.
- Several erase/write options allow you to erase/write all Flash memory or just a specified fragment of memory. This feature is very useful when only part of programmed data/code should be replaced. For example, this feature can be used to download the serial number, calibration data or personality data without losing existing program code.
- SpyBiWire support as of software version 3.0.
This programmer is also available in a limited version by choosing the option at the bottom of this page. The differences are outlined below:
|Version: ||Limited ||Standard |
|Serialization ||No ||Yes |
|Model, Rev., etc. ||No ||Yes |
|Full Memory Erase |
Info Memory Only
Main Memory Only
Used in Code File
|Writing Memory |
Info Memory Only
Main Memory Only
|Blank Check ||Yes ||Yes |
|Checksum Verification ||Yes ||Yes |
|Flash Memory Read ||Yes ||Yes |
|MSP430.DLL -> USB-FPA as a FET ||Yes ||Yes |
|Remote Control (API-DLL) ||No ||Yes |
|Blow Fuse ||Yes ||Yes |
Download User Manual (PDF file, 2.4MB)
Download Multi-FPA API-DLL User Guide (PDF file, 460kB)
Optional Recommended Products for this Item