TCP, UDP, ICMP, IPv4, ARP, IGMP, PPPoE supported 32KB of internal memory for TX/RX buffers Wake-on-LAN and Power-Down modes supported SPI communication 3.3V power supply; tolerant of 5V I/O signals
ETH Wiz click carries the WizNet W5500, a 48-pin, 10/100 BASE-TX standalone ethernet controller with a hardwired TCP/IP internet protocol off-load engine, along with a standard RJ45 connector. The W5500 module employs a variety of solutions to reduce the target MCU's memory load and enable a stable and secure internet connection.
High-speed network communications are realized through an 80MHz SPI interface. The module has 32KB of internal memory for TX/RX buffers. Reduced power consumption is achieved with Wake-on-LAN and Power-Down modes. Automatic handshaking, retransmit-on-collision and automatic rejection of erroneous packets are also supported.
ETH Wiz Click communicates with your target board through mikroBUS RSTn, SCSn, SCLK, MISO, MOSI and INTn lnes.
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only. However, the W5500 tolerates 5V I/O signals. Three PMODE solder jumpers are on the board for setting the PHY Operation Mode of the W5500 (these are in positions 1-1-1 by default, for maximum compatibility). See the Pin Description table in the W5500 datasheet for details about how you can re-set them for specific modes.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Ethernet Add-on Module Resources