10/100BaseT Ethernet port Single-channel RS232 port (DB9M) DIN rail and wall mounting plates included Power input through DB9, barrel connector, or optional Power-over-Ethernet module Compact — 90 × 48 × 25 mm
The DS1100 is a compact programmable controller targeting cost-sensitive serial-over-IP and serial control applications.
Built around the same T2000 ASIC as the EM500 "MiniMo" module, the DS1100 offers a single-channel RS232 port. Device power can be supplied via its power jack or Pin 9 of the DB9 (serial port) connector. There is an optional Power-over-Ethernet module that can supply power too; use the Add-On option box below to select the PoE module. The DS1100 device comes preloaded with a fully functional serial-over-IP application.
There are three LEDs on the device's front: green and red main status LEDs, and a yellow Ethernet link LED.
Each DS1100 is supplied with plates for mounting on a DIN rail or a wall. The lower picture shows what the plates look like installed on the unit.
Programmable Serial Controller Features
- Superior upgrade to the DS203 device
- Based on the second-generation ASIC (T2000)
- 10/100BaseT auto-MDIX Ethernet port
- 512KB Flash memory for firmware and application
- 200 bytes of EEPROM space for data storage
- Green and red main status LEDs
- Yellow Ethernet link LED
- Power: 12V DC nominal (min. 9V, max. 18V)
- Dimensions: 90 × 48 × 25 mm
- Operating temperature range: -5 to +70 °C
- Firmware is upgradeable through the serial port or network (including cold upgrade firmware uploads through the network)
- CE and FCC certified
Single-channel RS232 port on DB9M connector
- TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, and DSR lines
- Baudrates of up to 115200 bps
- None/Even/Odd/Mark/Space parity
- 7/8 data bits per character
- Optional RTS/CTS flow control
- "12V" power input on pin 9 of the DB9
Programmable Serial Controller Programming
- sock — Socket comms (up to 16 UDP, TCP and HTTP sessions)
- net — Controls the Ethernet port
- ser — In charge of the RS232 port
- io — Handles I/O lines, ports, and interrupts
- stor — Provides access to the EEPROM
- romfile — Facilitates access to resource files (fixed data)
- pppoe — Accesses the internet over an ADSL modem
- ppp — Accesses the internet over a serial modem
- pat — "Plays" patterns on green and red status LEDs
- button — Monitors the setup button
- sys — In charge of general device functionality
Function Groups String functions (27 in total), eight date/time conversion functions, encryption/hash calculation functions (RC4, MD5, SHA-1), and more.
Variable Types Byte, char, integer (word), short, dword, long, real, string, plus user-defined arrays and structures.
Tibbo Integrated Development Environment (TIDE) It takes just one key (F5) to compile your Tibbo BASIC and/or Tibbo C project, upload it to the target, and run it with full debugging capabilities. You don't need any special debugging hardware; just connect your DS1100 to the LAN and debug right through the network.
Programmable Serial Controller Resources
If you want to get one of the DB9-to-Terminal adapters shown in the options below, the Inverted version is recommended as it will make the terminal connections face up and be more easily accessible.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item
|Power Supply, 12V DC, 0.5A, 3.5x1.35mm, center pos., 100-240V AC||+|| US$11.00|
|Ethernet Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 7ft.||+|| US$3.60|
|Ethernet Crossover Cable, CAT5E 350MHz Unshielded, 5ft.||+|| US$7.00|
|Serial Cable, 6ft., DB9 M/F||+|| US$6.00|
|Serial Null Modem Cable, 6ft., DB9 F/F||+|| US$7.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter||+|| US$8.00|
|DB9F to Screwless Terminal Adapter, Inverted||+|| US$8.00|