The EM100 is Tibbo's original 10BaseT serial-to-Ethernet module for on-board installation. The EM100 is highly integrated and requires only one external component -- an RJ45 Ethernet connector. The EM100 has the lowest power consumption of all Ethernet modules offered by Tibbo. Economical pricing makes the module an ideal choice for low-cost applications.
Serial to Ethernet Module Hardware Features
- Compact; dimensions only 46 x 28 x 13 mm
- Low power consumption of 40mA @ 5V DC
- Fully sealed design
- One 10BaseT Ethernet port with built-in Ethernet magnetics
- One serial (TTL) port (TX, RX, RTS, CTS, DTR, DSR)
- 2 additional I/O lines
- Four LED lines for module status information
- Upgradeable internal firmware through the serial port or network
- EM100-SK Starter Kit available
- CE- and FCC-approved
Serial to Ethernet Module Firmware Features
- Serial (TTL) port supports full- or half-duplex operation; baud rates of up to 115200bps; 5 parity modes (none, even, odd, mark, space); 7 or 8 data bits; optional RTS/CTS flow control
- Two extended 8 kByte routing buffers
- On-board EEPROM stores numerous user-definable functioning parameters
- Supported network protocols include UDP, TCP, ARP, ICMP (PING) and DHCP
- Module setup can be performed through the serial port or network (over-the-network IP-address configuration is also supported). Network setup can be performed using UDP commands or Telnet TCP connection
- Specialized "on-the-fly" commands for serial port control, "modem" commands to control network connections, status commands for remote status monitoring, etc.
- Works with Tibbo Device Server Toolkit (DST) for Windows, including Virtual Serial Port Driver (VSPD) (COM redirector)
- Linux version of the VSPD is also available
Full-duplex mode is suitable for RS232 and RS422 comms.; half-duplex mode for RS485 comms. RS232/422/485 transceivers are not built in.
View a video of the Tibbo Connection Wizard showing how to create a Virtual Serial Port and link it with the Device Server.
Optional Recommended Products for this Item