The Ag9605-2BR Power-over-Ethernet Module is designed to extract power from a conventional twisted-pair Category 5 Ethernet cable, conforming to the IEEE 802.3af Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) standard.
The Ag9605's signature and control circuit provides the PoE compatibility signature and power classification required by the Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) before applying up to 9W power to the port. The Ag9605 is compatible with Class 0 to Class 3 equipment. The high-efficiency DC/DC converter operates over a wide input voltage range (36V-57V; 48V typical) and provides a regulated low-ripple and low-noise output. The DC/DC converter also has built-in overload and short-circuit output protection.
Ag9605 Power-over-Ethernet Module Features
- Provides a regulated 5V supply to attached devices, at up to 1.8A (9W max)
- Single connection for both power and communication
- No configuration necessary — drop-in solution
- Power Requirements: Power Sourcing Equipment (PSE) or Midspan Equipment
- Power Output: 9 Watts max power output (5V @ 1.8A)
- 1500V isolation (input to output)
- Communication Interface: Complies with IEEE 802.3af
- Dimensions: 56 × 14 mm
- Operating temperature: -4 to +158 °F (-20 to +70 °C)
Use PoE with Arduino This module can be plugged into the Arduino Yun. If you have any other Arduino with PoE connector, get the 12V Ag9612-2BR instead.