Connect USB devices to your network With the ComPoint-LAN-USB you can integrate four USB devices into your network so that you can have access to them anywhere and they can be used by several PCs. It is possible to integrate and control USB devices such as faxes, cameras, scanners, webcams, printers, hard disks, sign pads, barcode readers, RFID readers, USB sticks, measurement devices, sensors and industrial machines with a USB connection.
A driver is installed on the PC which makes these USB devices available as usual via a virtual USB interface. By disconnecting the virtual connection in the software, the USB devices also can be shared in the network, making them available from any network location.
This device server is available with an included 5V power supply (CPLA-USB-NT), with support for 6V-34V input (CPLA-USB-34V), or with a Power-over-Ethernet module (CPLA-USB-POE). Use the Power Supply option selector at the bottom of this page to specify which version you want.
4-port USB Device Server Features
- Power supply (-NT version): 5V @ 2A
- Available optionally with 6V-34V Switching Regulator or IEEE802.3af Power-over-Ethernet module
- Power consumption: about 350mA
- Ethernet 10/100Mbit RJ45 connection, MDIX, half/full duplex, auto-sensing
- Four USB ports, USB1.1/USB2.0, up to 10MBytes/sec throughput
- Protocols: IP, TCP, UDP, ICMP, ARP, LPR, DHCP, BOOTP, HTML, HTTP
- Temperature range: -10° to +70° C
- EMC / CE radio interference and interference immunity; DIN EN 55022 class B; DIN EN 55024 class A
- Dimensions: 100 × 28 × 110 mm
Supported Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64)
- Microsoft Windows Vista (32/64)
- Microsoft Windows XP (32/64)
4-port USB Device Server Resources
Lead time: 1 week
Optional Recommended Products for this Item