The Wellon VP-298S is a specialized programmer that can save you money if all you need to program are serial EEPROMs. While many universal programmers support serial EEPROMs, they also support many different types of microcontrollers and carry a higher price tag as a result. This programmer supports over 15,000 memory devices from over 130 different vendors. It connects to a PC via USB.
View Complete Supported Devices List
The programmer ships with a power supply and a USB cable for connection to your PC.
Serial EEPROM Programmer Features
Note: To run on a 64-bit version of Windows Vista or Windows 7, you must set Disable Driver Signature Enforcement in your Advanced Boot Options.
- Dimensions: 168 × 108 × 26 mm
- Weight: 300g (0.66 lbs)
- USB2.0 interface for PC-hosted operation
- Accepts standard file formats: JEDEC, INTEL (Extended) HEX, HOLTEK, EMC(.CDS), INTEL HEX16, Motorola S record
- Manages 16- and 32-bit word split (Set Programming)
- Features Test Vector capability and multi-array fuse map editor
- Optimum programming for each individual device
- Device insertion and poor-pin-contact check
- Supports devices down to 1.8V
- Adapters are not needed for DIL devices
- Universal DIP, PLCC, QFP, TSOP, PSOP, SOIC, SSOP, SDIP adapters available
- Auto-run mode starts programming automatically on detection of chip insertion
- Supports Windows XP/Vista/7/8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
- Supports several languages: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Korean, Polish, Italian, Portuguese, Dutch, Turkish, Hungarian
Example Programming Speed
Serial EEPROM Programmer Software The software is comprehensive, with lots of features that make it ideal for both production and development, such as auto-count, batch command, and start-upon-insertion.
- SELECT device includes package information, adapter type, part number, description etc.
- LOAD file supports checksums, comprehensive file formats and address location
- Flexible verify options, including VCC±5% and VCC±10%
- Blank Check, Erase, Program, Verify, Auto Program, Buffer Edit and much more
- Serial numbers and statistics
The programming software also allows you to modify the parameters of a programming algorithm, so that you can program devices that aren't yet supported (or no longer are), if you know their correct parameters.
The programming software can be downloaded for Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, both 32-bit and 64-bit).
Download User Manual for Wellon Programmers
Wellon Package Adapters are available separately.