This is an extra HandHeld Programmer that is loaded from the PC using the Starter Kit. Once the programmer is loaded with device information and data, then you just plug it into your target circuit and press the red button.
The programmer can power target device, so it can be used to program EEPROMs that are separate from other circuitry e.g. tags for QA purposes, or EEPROMs included in a circuit e.g. attached to a microcontroller.
USB Serial EEPROM Handheld Programmer Features
- Compact, portable and easy to use
- One button operation
- Supplied with 9V PP3 battery
- Power supply connector (2.1mm, center positive)
- Programmer can power target up to 150mA or draw power from target
- Supports low voltage and 5V serial EEPROMs
- Loaded from PC using simple Wizard Software and USB PC adapter supplied with starter kit — supports Windows 2000, XP, ME, Vista and 7 (32- and 64-bit)
- Erase, program, verify and lockbits supported
- Includes Microcontroller reset line to isolate MCUs in circuit
- Non-volatile memory keeps data even with flat battery
USB Serial EEPROM Handheld Programmer Device Support
All 24C I2C and 25C SPI family EEPROMs are supported. The serial EEPROM handheld Programmer has these device support features:
- Supports low voltage variants
- Address bus to select an individual device in multiple circuits
- User selectable page size as the same device from different manufacturers, or even variants of the same device, can have different programming page sizes
- Microcontroller Reset line to isolate microcontrollers connected to EEPROMs — low or high reset polarity
- Programmer has up to 256KB data size
- Contact support for information on other device families
- Supports 24C and 25C serial EEPROMs from Atmel, Microchip, ST, Catalyst and others
USB Serial EEPROM Handheld Programmer Starter Kit
You need one Serial EEPROM Programmer Starter Kit to load as many programmers as you like from the PC. Once the serial EEPROM programmer is loaded, it is completely portable.
USB Serial EEPROM Handheld Programmer Physical
- Dimensions: 106 x 58 x 25mm, 4.5 x 2.5 x 1 inches
- Includes 9V PP3 battery
- Power supply requirements: 9V regulated, 2.1mm barrel connector, center positive — see below for suitable power supply.
USB Serial EEPROM Handheld Programmer Datasheet Datasheet (shows older version of starter kit which connected to a PC parallel port)