MOTOR-1B is a universal stepper motor controller board that supports unipolar and bipolar stepper motors with up to 750 mA of coil current at up to 30V. Multiple MOTOR-1B boards can be stacked for controlling up to three stepper motors at the same time. Micro-stepping is supported also.
The 11 control pins and 5V power supply connections are available on a 20-pin (2×10) expansion connector for interfacing to existing microcontroller systems. This board can be connected either as a piggyback daughterboard on a microcontroller board (one with a matching connector) using standoffs or can be placed away from the microcontroller board using a 20-wire ribbon cable.
The expansion connector is plug-in compatible with MicroTRAK, MINI-MAX and BSCB systems. You can use it in your own system too, of course; see the manual for the expansion connector's pinout.
Motor Control Peripheral Board Features
- ±750 mA, 30 Volt Output Rating
- 3.3V to 5.5V Logic Supply Range
- Mixed, Fast, and Slow Current-Decar Modes
- Two full bridge controllers on one board
- Integrated bipolar stepper motor controller A3967 (IC1) from Allegro Microsystems
- 7-pin terminal block for external power source and motor connections (X31)
- 5-pin connector for external control (X30)
- Jumpers X15, X16, X17 to select the port pin to control RESET line of motor controller
- Jumpers X18, X19, X20 to select the port pin to control SLEEP line of motor controller
- Jumpers X1, X2, X3, X14 to select the port pin to control ENABLE line of motor controller
- Jumpers X8, X9, X10, X11, X12, X13 to select the port pin to control DIRECTION line of motor controller
- Jumpers X4, X5, X6, X7 to select the port pin to control STEP line of motor controller
- Jumpers X23 and X24 to select Microstep mode
- Stackable (up to 3 boards)
If you want to chain multiple add-on boards together, you can purchase cable and connectors separately to construct daisy-chain cables that suit your setup.