Vibration sensor Calibration potentiometer Digital output; configurable as an interrupt 3.3V or 5V power supply
Vibra sense click is a suitable solution for designers who are developing anti-tampering or anti-theft devices. It's a low-cost micro-shock vibration sensor with a digital output which can be set as an Interrupt (mikroBUS INT pin) An on-board potentiometer lets you set the interrupt threshold. An LED provides a visual indication. An Enable line (mikroBUS EN pin) is available.
If you don't need precise coordinates of movement — just feedback on whether something is vibrating or not — this sensor is your best bet. It's a very simple and effective solution for detecting vibrations. The sensing unit consists of a round housing in which a spring is coiled around a metal pin. When exposed to vibration, the spring makes contact with the pin and closes the switch, which results in digital output sent to the INT pin.
The board is designed to use either a 3.3V and a 5V power supply. This is set by the placement of a zero-Ohm resistor, which comes in the 3.3V position by default.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Vibration Sensor Module Resources