LIS3DSH three-axis accelerometer Selectable I2C or SPI communication interface FIFO buffer and embedded state machines Can be programmed to recognize user-defined motion patterns 3.3V power supply
Accel 2 click carries ST's LIS3DSH IC, a low-power factory-calibrated three-axis accelerometer which embeds a FIFO buffer and two programmable state machines. It allows you to implement gesture recognition. User-defined programs can distinguish movement patterns like shake and double shake, face up and face down, turn and double turn, then activate an interrupt upon their execution.
Solder jumpers on the board allow you to select I2C (SCL, SDA) or SPI (CS#, SCK, SDO, SDI) interface for communicating with your target board's MCU. They are in the I2C positions by default. Another solder jumper allows you to select I2C address 0 or 1 (in position 1 by default).
This board is designed to use a 3.3V power supply only.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Accelerometer Module Resources