PT334-6B NPN silicon phototransistor covered in black epoxy On-board potentiometer for setting detection threshold Interrupt and continuous analog output 3.3V or 5V power supply
Flame click is a fire-detection solution. It carries a PT334-6B silicon phototransistor that's covered in black epoxy and therefore sensitive only to infrared light. To use it as a fire alarm, set up the exact detection threshold through the on-board potentiometer. When the threshold is reached, the module will send an interrupt to your target board's MCU through the mikroBUS INT pin. The sensor also provides a continuous analog signal through the mikroBUS AN pin.
Once properly calibrated, the Flame click module can be used in a variety of applications where you need to detect the presence of a high-heat source. Being infrared-based, it can give you a faster reaction time than a smoke detector in certain conditions.
Flame click can be used with either a 3.3V or a 5V power supply, selectable via a solder jumper (in 3.3V position by default).
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
Flame Detector Add-on Module Resources