256 user-defined characters or pictographs in integrated EEPROM 12×18-pixel character size Displays up to 16 rows × 30 characters Blinking, Inverse, and Background control character attributes NTSC and PAL compatible Internal sync generator SPI communication
OSD Click features a MAX7456 single-channel monochrome OSD module with integrated EEPROM as well as two RCA jacks. It is used to create on-screen menus and other video overlays such as custom graphics, a company logo, or time and date using 256 user-programmable characters or pictographs. It is compatible with NTSC and PAL, and displays up to 16 lines of 30 characters each. The MAX7456 has an internal sync generator. OSD Click communicates with target microcontroller via mikroBUS SPI (SDI, SDO, SCK, CS#), RST, LOS, HSYNC and VSYNC lines.
This board is designed to use 5V power supply only. A green LED indicates the presence of power supply.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards come with header pins that you must solder yourself. After that, they just plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. Newer (v7) development systems manufactured by mikroElektronika, which we carry, have mikroBUS sockets already built in.
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC — Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino — Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581)
- Raspberry Pi — Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512)
- BeagleBone Black — BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596)
- STM32F3 Discovery — STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery — STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad — Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
On-Screen Display Add-on Board Resources
Optional Recommended Products for this Item