Implements ISO-11898 standard physical layer requirements Low-current Standby Mode, 370 ľA typical Supports 1 Mb/s operation Screw terminals for easy connectivity; power LED; node termination jumper
CAN SPI click 3.3V is an accessory board in mikroBus form factor. It is the best solution to add CAN connectivity to your microcontroller with SPI interface. The board features a Texas Instruments SN65HVD230 CAN transceiver circuit which provides a CAN serial communication physical layer in accordance with the ISO 11898 standard. Designed for operation in especially harsh environments, these devices feature cross-wire protection, loss-of-ground and over-voltage protection, over-temperature protection, as well as wide common-mode range. The SPI interface is provided via a Microchip MCP2515 controller.
This board uses 3.3V power supply only. To add CAN SPI function to a 5V system, see the CAN SPI Click 5V board.
Note: The picture shows the board with through-hole headers. The board now comes populated with male pin headers already soldered for your convenience. The board's user manual has yet to be updated to remove the soldering instructions.
mikroBUS Click Boards Overview Click boards plug directly into a mikroBUS socket. mikroBUS is a specially designed plug-and-play pinout standard. The sockets are found on Clicker boards, the Flip & Click Arduino/Python-compatible board, the Quail board, these mikromedia shields, the Microchip Curiosity board, and development systems from mikroElektronika (V7 systems and later).
You also can connect Click boards to many other popular platforms via these adapters:
- PC Click USB Adapter (MIKROE-1433)
- Arduino Arduino UNO click shield (MIKROE-1581) or Arduino Mega click shield (MIKROE-1900)
- Raspberry Pi Pi click shield (MIKROE-1512) or Pi 2 click shield (MIKROE-1879)
- BeagleBone Black BeagleBone click shield (MIKROE-1596) or mikroBUS Cape (MIKROE-1857)
- STM32F3 Discovery STM32F3 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1447)
- STM32F4 Discovery STM32F4 Discovery Shield (MIKROE-1481)
- Stellaris LM4F120 LaunchPad / Tiva TM4C123G LaunchPad Click BOOSTER PACK (MIKROE-1363)
- Freescale Freedom — FRDM-KL46Z click shield (MIKROE-1795) or FRDM-K64F click shield (MIKROE-1794)
In addition, it is royalty-free to add mikroBUS to your own designs. Visit the mikroBUS Category to see the full line of Click boards.
CAN Bus Add-on Module Resources